Escape

NS: Hello. Its me. Narrator senpai. Soo Omega trusted me and my new friend to write this chapter. Why dont you introduce yourself.
Claptrap: Heeelllllooooo Reader. I hope your human eyes are ready to read the greatest piece of literature you have ever feasted your fleshy eyes on. Youll laugh- waaah. Youll cry- ahahaha. Wait I think I mixed those up. Ah well enjoy anyway... hey whats that noise?
NS: Oh god he broke free. Run Claptrap!

Omega: Sorry about that folks. Anyways. Enjoy. Also happy unspecified holiday.

Crimson POV

I make my way through the busy streets of Atlas, trying not to draw too much attention to myself. Strangely enough thats pretty hard to do considering I look like shit, uniform dirtied cut up and slightly burnt, fitting considering the academys current state.

Passerby: I hope no ones hurt.
A woman says staring up at the academy with the rest of the crowd. I feel my heart sink as the memory of Onyx being crushed plays over and over in my mind. I sigh and keep moving getting further and further from the academy. I just hope Robyn and Silverra are ok.

Robyn POV

I sit in the infirmary with Silverra as the medics do a more thorough check after what just happened. I try to process it all but my mind cant focus. All I can think about is Crimson. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look at my only remaining teammate.

Silverra: How are you feeling?
She asks gently. She doesnt show it but I can tell shes as distraught about all of this as I am.

Robyn: I keep telling you all I'm fine. He didn't hurt me.
I respond and she shakes her head slightly.

Silverra: I know. I meant emotionally.
She corrects herself and I think about the question. Eventually I think of an answer.

Robyn: Is this my fault?
I ask catching her off guard. Before she can respond factually I continue.
- I mean if I were a better fighter, We might have won that match. Crimson wouldnt have attacked Onyx. He wouldnt have gotten in trouble and all this wouldnt have happened. Hed still be here... Onyx would still be.
I choke on tears as I break down again. I feel her hand move from my shoulder as she holds me in a warm embrace.

Silverra POV

I stare the greiving girl in the eye for a moment and process what she said. She had a habit of doubting herself and blaming herself when things went wrong. I partially blamed myself for not diffusing the argument, or helping more during that match. After a moment I formulate an answer that I hope will soothe her distraught mind.

Robyn POV

Silverra: No, its not your fault, its no ones. This is just how fate decided things to be.
She responds her voice breaking. I hug her back knowing she wasnt this emotionless machine she made herself out to be.

?: Neither of you are to blame for this. We had been keeping our eyes on him after incidents caused by one of his relatives. The same one that created the serum that caused Crimsons... outburst.
A voice interupts our moment as we turn to see the General. My blood boils hearing him talk like this, as if he wasnt part of the reason this happened.
-his father, Dr Edgar Springs.
He announces, a serious look in his eyes.

Silverra: His father. But why was h-
I cut her off standing up. A faint orange glow radiating from my hair.

Robyn: Outburst. Whatever this 'serum' did caused more than an outburst. I saw the look in his eyes when he was fighting Winter. You gave him this serum for one mistake, you have no one to blame but yourself!
I yell as him. The room heating up as I get angrier. I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn quickly to see Silverra. She is panting slightly as the heat makes it hard for both her and the General to breath. My eyes widen as I realise what I am doing. I take a deep breath and calm myself. My semblance is pyrokinesis, problem is I dont really have control over it so when I get mad I tend to overheat... everything.

Robyn: I-im sorry, I didnt mean to get so upset.
I fluster mostly fearing the General would try and use this serum thing on me. He regains his composure and takes a breath.

Ironwood: No harm no foul. But you are right. I elected to use the serum his father invented hoping for a peaceful soultion over what the council wanted me to do.
He says sadly. I gasp slightly understanding what he meant.

Silverra: So what do we do from here sir?
She asks also returning to her monotone composure.

Ironwood: Im... Im not sure. The council will want his head for this. I think it would be best to try and get one of the other Kingdoms to help deal with him.
I growl at him slightly hearing his phrasing.
-I mean help him. Maybe some of Ozpin could convince him to go to Vale. Hed at least be safe from a firing squad there.
He continues. I sigh and look out the window at the snowy mountain range.

Robyn: Oh Crimson. Where are you?
I ask myself gently tearing up a little.

Crimson POV A week later

I had been on the run for... I cant remember. I had evaded Atlas search parties thus far as well as dealing with the odd grimm that wanted a piece of me. This power boost that serum gave me really helps with hand to hand-claw-spinning pig-giant bird... what was my point.

I continue wandering through the forest towards what I believe is the northern range of mountain Glenn. I notice pieces of scrap metal littered around and stop. I go to investigate a large chunk of what looks like a metallic building. Unaware of the two figures watching me.

I kneel down and inspect a white sign that had fallen from the structure. It simply read Genesis with a strange Atom symbol next to it. I hear rustling and turn quickly. I feel a shockwave slam into my body as it launches me against the wall. As it does I hear the word Sorry being echoed around me. I slide down the wall groaning as I sit on the ground dazed by the blast.

I look up slightly dazed as I see two male figures emerge from the treeline. One with a white bandana over his mouth with dark blue hair and red eyes. The other had a black eyepatch covering his left eye whilst the other glows bright yellow. His light purple hair and similar facial structure leaving me to believe the two are related.

Purple: It appears the blast was not strong enough brother. It is possible he is one of Dreadgars experiments that escaped. Or heavens forbid Atlas is using Genesis on experiments of their own.
He says to his silent companion who simply nods in return before pulling his bandana down and looking at me.

Blue: Again... Sorry.
He says quietly, almost a whisper, as another shockwave of soundwaves blasts me. A pretty cool semblance... is what I would say if this didnt hurt like hell... oh never mind im unconscious.

(Hello. Another chapter finished. No one died this time... I think... wait no Claps dead... YEEEEEEEEE-

2 HOURS LATER

man I yelled for like 10 minutes. Glad I have this tea to help soothe my throat... oh yeah Adios)