Awake

As I opened my eyes I noticed that I was not in my own bed thinking what happened last night was just a dream it couldn't have been because my head has a bandage on it. I started to cry for help and I realized that when I looked out the window there was no other neighbors only trees and the sound of crickets stridulating.

Where am I?? I hear a voice upstairs so went to the door and I yelled. "Hello is anyone there?" Silence. "Hello?" Still nothing so I go a lay back down to try and drift back to sleep hoping this was a dream.

2 hours later.

"Wake up my Rose... I have food for my beautiful flower" someone whispers in my ear as a pretend to be asleep. I couldn't even go to sleep I just laid here on this uncomfortable bed for past few hours not being in my own home or bed makes me crumble. This person began to shake me still saying "Wake up Rose."

Rose? Where have I heard that before? I turned and looked to see the person and what they had to offer me, as I looked it was a man but he had on a ski mask holding a tray of food.

" Bon appetit Rose" he said to me the voice sounded so familiar he kind of sounded like my teacher the creepy weird teacher at that. I was hesitant to take the food seeing as I couldn't even see the person giving it to me let alone know them or what they was about but I was starving I felt like I haven't ate in 3 days which makes me wonder how long I had been down here.

"Thanks"I said to him he nods and begins to leave. "Wait... Um where am i?"

He smiles to me before he says "In Paradise my Rose" This did not look like no damn Paradise he opens the door to leave as he shoots it I hear locks clicking. "Some Paradise" I say to myself.

I stare at the food I poke at it first but seeing as my stomach was trying to eat my liver and other organs I ate the cheesy macaroni and creamy mashed potatoes and that chicken he cooked was too die for I just hoped I didn't die after eating only time will tell.

Sleep.

After managing to go to sleep I noticed I still was alive the food was promising. I look to the window " I bet I could get that open" I thought to myself. I get up and walk closer almost falling because my body was sore from whatever happened to me. It was so dark outside the man upstairs had to be asleep by now, I lifted the latch and tried with the little strength I had to lift the window and after three tries it surprisingly opened. I climbed out and stood to my feet only to be met by a barking dog *bark* *bark*

"Hush it you mutt your gonna wake him and get me caught" I said. I started to run when I heard the door open as I ran my feet started to hurt considering the fact I didn't have any shoes on.

"Rose... Rose where are you?" I heard him yell the voice sounded so close. I noticed that a dirt road to my left I kept going, I finally stopped at a old gas station. I walked up to the door and knocked three times an old man answered.

"Can you help me please?" I said.

"What seems to be the problem young lady?" He says to me.

"I was trapped in a basement inside of a cabin a few miles from here by a man in a ski mask.... May I come in and sit to tell you the rest?"

"Sure young lady." He says as he opens the door wide enough for me to step in. "Thank you."

"Water?" He offers. "Yes thank you." I smile to him.

I begin to speak and tell him all that happened to me even about my mother and crazy ass teacher when I finished he didn't even bat a eye it was as if he wasn't surprised or concerned he stood and said. "I call the sheriff he'll know what to do."

"Thanks." I say quietly *calling* I listened to the conversation as he talked.

"Yea she's here ranting about being kidnapped..... Ok hurry and get here to get her you know before Joyce awakes and snatches her up."

"He's coming... He'll know exactly what to do I promise."

"Could you tell me what day it is and the time please?"

"December 22, 2017.. 11:59pm" he speaks. I realized I've been here for almost a whole month my mother died in November on the 21st have I been sleeping that long.. what did that man give me I was confused. *The door opens* I see my crazy teacher and he's speaking to the old man I eavesdrop a little bit to hear the conversation.

*Whispers* "Thanks Dad" Dad?

"Keep her under control you know how this works better be glad it was me and not your mother who answered."

"I know, I know im sorry it won't happen again thanks man." He walks over to me and says.

"Ready to go Rose?"