Interlude~

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN KHR.

A/n: Let's assume Fon is Hibari's uncle and Hibari is 5 years old. This is just a random drabble/ special chapter since plot bunny keep getting in my way while I was studying. OOC and OC alert in this chapter. Also, Merry Christmas 🎅 and Happy New Year in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sis, did you just call me here all the way from China to babysit Kyoya?"

"Yup~"

"You expect a two years old baby to babysit a five years old child?"

Yun rolled her eyes. "We all know you're not two years old, big brother."

Fon sighed. "Fine. When are you coming back?"

"One week."

"I want a souvenir."

"If you managed to make Kyoya behaved. He has been a little too obsessed with violent horror/ action movies lately thanks to his dad."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hmm, I believe this is the first time we meet, Kyoya. I'm your uncle, Fon and this is my companion, Lichi."

The monkey waved at Kyoya.

Kyoya reached and pet Lichi while ignoring Fon.

Silence took over the living room. Kyoya remained indifferent but Fon felt awkward. Shouldn't kid his age play around or something?

"What did you usually do around this time?"

"Nap."

"Other than that?"

"Fighting."

"You're just a kid. Shouldn't you play around with your friends?"

"You're a talking baby with a pacifier hanging from your neck."

"....." Fon sighed. He didn't really know how to interact with children. His line of work didn't include dealing with children after all. "Why don't we watch something on TV?"

"Hn."

Fon flipped through the channels and stopped at National Geography channel featuring little cute animals. Maybe, this can help to tame him? Sis did mentioned that he has been quite a violent child these days.

"I want horror movie."

"Why don't you try and watch this channel for once? Animal kingdom can be very interesting, right, Lichi?"

The little monkey nodded.

"Hn."

~12 hours later~

"Hmm, Kyoya, aren't you tired or hungry?"

"..."

"It's already late at night. It's not good to skip your dinner."

"...."

"You need to take a break, Kyoya. You'll spoil your eyes if you stare at the TV for too long."

"..."

"You don't want to wear spectacles, do you?"

A few irk marks popped up on Kyoya's head.

"You're annoyi-." Something clicked inside Kyoya's mind as the words escaped from his mouth. Animals bite or kill those who threaten or annoyed them.

Fon began to worry when Kyoya seemed to freeze suddenly, so he put his hand on Kyoya's forehead. "Kyoya, are you alright?"

Kyoya has came to a perfect conclusion. It's perfectly alright to bite annoying people.

So, he bit Fon's left shoulder. Fon's reflex automatically kicked in and he unconsciously flipped and threw Kyoya into the wall.

Did Kyoya just bit me? Fon blinked. It took another second to register into his mind that he just threw his nephew into the wall with full force. "Cr**! Kyoya! Are you alright?" He winced at the sight of the crumpled wall. Sis going to be mad at me if Kyoya is hurt.

Kyoya was stunned but miraculously remained unhurt.

Fon was worried that Kyoya got a concussion until he saw the smirk on Kyoya's face.

"You're a carnivore."

"No, Kyoya. I'm a huma-" Fon's words got cut off as he avoided an attack from the tonfa that appeared out of nowhere in Kyoya's hands."

"Where did you get that from?" The storm arcobaleno asked as he jumped and blocked the sudden tonfa attack.

"Dad gives them to me. Now, stay still and let me bite you to death."

Forget about getting mad. Sis is going to kill me when she came back.

~~~~~~~~~~

The moment Kyoya's father opened the house gate, his eyes widen as he was greeted by the sight of his newly 'renovated' front yard. "Wao."

Yun groaned. She knew that look on her husband.

When she saw three quarter of the front yard was destroyed, she face-palmed and shoot a glare at Fon who was about to put out a small fire at the edge of the yard.

"I left Kyoya in your care for just one week and you made him into a homicidal little kid."

Fon smiled apologetically. "Sorry. But, at least I did managed to stop him from really biting people." "Can't really do much about the animals metaphor though. He's just as stubborn as you." Fon muttered the latter under his breath.

"What did you mean by that?"

".... Oh, look at the time. I need to catch my plane soon. Take care, everyone." Fon bowed and disappeared to the roof in the next second.

Yun continued to glare at the roof and then towards her husband who was very much amused by the whole situation despite his poker face.

"You're going to sleep on the couch for the rest of the week." Yun said to her husband.

Yun then turned towards her son who obviously looked disappointed that his target has ran away as he threw away the scissors on his hand. (He wanted to cut off Fon's braid.) "And you, Kyoya. If I see another damage in this house, you're banned from your hamburger steak for the rest of your life."

"Hn." Both the Hibari avoided the intense glare from the only woman in the household. They knew better than to argue with her.

A/n: Fon's character in this chapter is partially based on the manga chapter where Mammon complained about Fon who kept nagging her/him about money.

On a side note, Hibari's parents won't appear in the main plot. This chapter is just for fun. (Yun means cloud in Chinese.)