New Year Chapter (Special)

No one's POV

Another year is about to pass and another year is about to come. Another few days of vacation and celebrate the coming of the year. And almost half of the students here on Raimon went back to their homes, but there are still more than a handful of students that have stayed and decided to celebrate at the grounds. Mostly, they are students that are members of specific clubs.

Kariya is standing at the top of the building, specifically, the rooftop. He's currently watching the beautiful night sky, which are decorated with twinkling stars and a bright full moon.

At the rooftop, he caught a fellow teammates of mine with their pairs, waiting for the clock to strike at twelve. At one glance, he can see Tenma and a particular time traveler from the future, Fei Rune, pointing out a few constellations to him.

And another pair, not very far away from Tenma and Fei, were Hakuryuu and Tsurugi. Those two would sometimes release a few chuckles and so on, but in the other side of that, Shuu was beside Hakuryuu. And Kariya caught a glimpse of their hands, intertwined and smiling. Tsurugi probably saw them.

But, those aren't the only ones that he saw. At the grounds, most of the students that had stayed can be seen, paired up, some with a group just enjoying their solitude in their own. And I meant about the grown ups.

Though, his eyes swept through the not so crowded area and focused it on the rose pink haired boy sitting on the grass beside Shindou.

He admired the ace defender from a long distance every day and now, seeing his girly yet good-looking facial features hits the trigger and mostly his skills. Kariya sat on the edge of the building, legs dangling below, hands on either sides of his, and eyes, still unmoved from him.

He silently wished that he could take Shindou's place right now, but yet, he can't just open his emotions around everyone, especially with him. He can't just change the way he is to be now. He can't see him like this, hopeless.

Shindou currently shared his coat with Kirino, half of the warm material draped over the defender's shoulders. Kariya's reply on that was to frown and groan. He would imagine himself doing it, but he's not the type of guy to do that. He can be sweet, but rarely.

Imagination is at its finest yes?

"TWENTY MINUTES TO GO!!!" Fudou's voice echoed throughout the grounds, snapping the teal haired boy back in reality.

Going back to Kariya, he took his eyes on Kirino and looked back up the sky, letting himself be lost in the endless space above him. He still remember when he was still young, his belief was to wish before the new year rolls in, and he was stupidly believed that his wish will come true.

Thinking about it now, he wanted to laugh at his foolish thinking. But, he raised his head. Gazed up at the stars...and parted his lips.

...

...

...

Yet no word was heard.

'I wish him a happy new year'

Only his thoughts came and vocalized.

"That's all I ask, for him to be happy"

Tears were ready to come out and roll down on his chins until a loud voice interrupted his moment.

"TEN MORE FUCKING MINUTES!!!"

Kariya groaned as he moved his gaze to Akio Fudou who's really annoyed due to the slow ticking of the clock and wanted the fireworks to be done. How many minutes did Kariya even consumed in his bubble?

A Complicated Love with a Complicated Choice [DISCONTINUED] जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें