4

I woke up with two arms wrapped around me.

This was off and I wasn't used to it but somehow at the same time it was the most comforting hug I've ever been in.

I turned my head and realized that these arms belonged to the person I didn't want to see.

The one who left the bruise on my cheek.

I noticed there were year tracks running down her face, and her mascara smudged.

"Demi." I whispered shaking her lightly trying to wake her up.

"Mmm... it's too early. go back to sleep." she mumbled bringing me even closer to her.

"I'm kind of dying here." I half whispered half talked a little louder than last time.

I felt her arms loosen around me.

"Sorry." she said opening her eyes.

I just looked at her, but then turned away from her so she saw my back and scooted over to the edge of the bed.

"Turn around." Demi wined.

I turned around facing her but not keeping eye contact for very long.

She brought her hand to my face and caressed my cheek.

I winced back in pain.

She moved her hand back but then placed it again but lighter.

"I'm so sorry." she said choking with light sobs.

"Shh." I said.

I scooted over to where she was as she eloped me into a hug.

She kept crying making muffled sobs.

"It's ok. I still love you. Nothing has changed. You are still my sister and always will be." I cooed into her ear.

Shortly she stopped crying, but didn't let go.

It was only then I realized that I was just wearing a t shirt.

My arms were exposed. Shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck. Hoe could I be so stupid!!!

I folded my arms into me and scooted as close to demi as possible.

After she calmed down and release the long affectionate hug, I grabbed the blankets and wrapped them around me covering my arms.

"You cold?" Demi suggested.

"Yeah.... can you hand me my sweatshirt?"

"But it's right in front of you."

"Just get it for me."

"Fine." she reached over and grabbed the sweat shirt.

As an instinct I brought my arms out from under the blanket exposing my scars.

Demi gasped at the sight.

I quickly threw the sweatshirt over my head and pulled it on and darted under the covers.

"How? why?" Demi whispered.

"I'm tired." I stated emotionlessly.

"You know we have to talk about this right?"

I didn't respond.

I peaked my head from I der the covers and gave her a glare.

"No." I finally stated.

"What do you mean no."

"You know what I mean. I said no." I said crossing my arms.

"Yeah I am not taking no for an answer." she said mimicking my arm crossing.

"Well wake up little princess, reality just slapped you in the face. Sometimes you will get a no for an answer and these are one of these times." I said getting up from the bed and walked downstairs.

I checked the time and noticed it was already 1pm.

I noticed a blue sticky note on the fridge.

Eddie and I are going out for the weekend. Maddie is staying at a friends house and Dallas will be with Rob. This would be a good time for you two to bond so have fun!

Love,
Mom

No this was not happening.

Demi came in and looked at me with a hurt look but instantly hid it.

I couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt.

"What's that?" she said trying not to sound upset.

"A note. Mom and dad are out for the weekend and Maddie is staying at a friends and Dallas is not going to be around. Apparently they want us to bond." I said.

"Well I don't think it's gonna be so bad." demi said reassuringly.

All I had to do was pint to my bruised cheek.

"And you say it won't be too bad." I said laughing but quickly stopped.

"Do you want to just have a lazy day? I know we don't get along but I really want to. You are just like me and I think that we are both missing out on an awesome relationship."

"Wow pretty deep and touché." I said.

"Ok so let's start over." she suggested.

"Let's start over." I said smiling.