Joochan...( Drawing )

Not requested...

The scenery is so beautiful here. I usually come to this park to search for inspiration for my drawings. But there's actually another reason why I come here. I see him there again, sitting on the steps facing the lake, drawing on his sketchpad. He comes here almost everyday and sits there sketching. I was really drawn to his calm and subtle personality as i see him draw.

One day, I didn't see him there so I decided to sit at those steps and get some inspiration for my next drawing. I stared out at the lake until i suddenly saw a pencil roll in front of me. I turned to my left and saw him there, with his usual sketchpad. He gestured to the pencil "umm, sorry, could you pass me that pencil?" He said shyly as he scratched the back of his neck. I passed him the pencil and blushed slightly as our fingers brushed against each other. I turned back to my sketchpad and thought for a moment. I took a glance at him and saw that he was like always, drawing with those same calm eyes. I smile to myself as i began sketching.

This went on for a few days. He would sit at the same spot and draw. I occasionally sat there as well, but after a while i knew that i had begun to develop some feelings towards him. I didn't sit there anymore but instead i sat behind a tree as i sketched the scenery, with him, his back profile. After a few days, i decided that i should confess my feelings. I went to the usual place but he wasn't there. I waited there but he never came. I was about to leave when i saw him, strolling with a girl?!? What? Who was she? She was beautiful and it looked like they got along really well. I mentally slapped myself for thinking that i had a chance. I left that park and didn't go there anymore, as i thought that seeing him would make it ache even more.

Ever since, I couldn't draw anymore. My brain couldn't think about anything. All i could picture was him, sitting by those steps, facing the lake. I believed it was for the best. Out of nowhere one day, my mom wanted to go to that park as she was going to meet up with some friends and insisted that i go as well to get some fresh air. I reluctantly followed. When we reached there, she left me at that same place and told me to stay there. Luckily, i didn't see him anywhere. It was so peaceful and it immediately made me think of those days that we just sat on those steps, wordless but with our hands drawing and sketching.

I was about to grab out my sketchpad when someone suddenly pulled me towards the grassy area. The person let go and i looked up to see him. I blushed as he stared intently into my eyes. "Where have you been? You haven't come to the park in a while....well, I've been waiting for you..." he said as he looked away from my eyes and he seemed to look hurt. He sat down on the grass " I must sound really lame don't i?" He muttered. I accidentally giggled and set him off smiling. I sat next to him and we just sat in silence for a while.

"Why did you suddenly disappear? I haven't been able to draw anymore without you being there anymore..." i just stared at him with confusion at his words. He chuckled at my confused face and he took out his sketchpad. He turned the pages one by one, looking for a specific page. I took glances at his drawings and they were really pretty.

He finally stopped at a page and looked deep into my eyes. "I wasn't able to finish this drawing...ever since you left..." he showed me a beautiful drawing of the lake, trees, with birds and a beautiful sunset, the scenery from the steps that we always sat on. And...there was a girl, sitting on those steps. I stared at the drawing for a while until he finally spoke " you know...you caught my eye when i first saw you here, you seemed in quiet but your eyes sparkled as you drew. When you first sat at that spot, you inspired me to draw this beautiful scene, with you in it..." He gave a nervous laugh and then became serious again. "Where did you go?" He asked again.

It was finally time, wasn't it..." the truth is...i..like you." His eyes widened in surprise as i continued " when i first saw you...you seemed so calm and gentle. When i got to see your eyes that day i passed you that pencil, i knew that... but when i saw you that day...with that girl..." I looked down, embarrassed. I couldn't meet his eyes. He suddenly lifts my face up so that my eyes met his and he gently pressed his lips against mine. " i thought you'd never say that...i like you too..." he whispered against my lips.

After that we sat together on those steps. "My name's Hong Joochan by the way..."he smiled as he introduced himself. "My name's Y/N" i said shyly. We had a nice talk when i suddenly remembered.  "What about that girl? The girl that you were with that day?" I asked cautiously. He turned to me and smiled so charmingly "You mean my sister?" What?! His sister? I could feel my face blushing with embarrassment. I was jealous for nothing.

" The truth is, i learned everything i know about drawing from her. She studies at at an art school and her drawings are really nice. I could never beat her" "what? That's not true, your drawings are amazing!" I said out loud making him chuckle. "I'm sure your drawings are amazing too" he said making me blush. "Oh, i want to show you one of my drawings." I said excitedly as i pulled out my sketchpad and scrolled through them. I suddenly stopped at one particular drawing. I smiled as i looked at it.

Joochan noticed me smiling at myself and took a look at the drawing. It was a similar drawing to Joochan's. The scenery of the lake and trees, the only difference was that instead of the girl on the right side of the steps, it was a boy on the left. He smiled and commented on my drawing saying that it was beautiful. I blushed as he complimented the drawing. "I drew this, ever since the first time you sat there next to me...but strangely, it always felt..."

"incomplete"

We both said the same thing at once causing us to laugh. He then pulled out his own drawing and put them side by side. Amazingly,The two drawings completed one another, portraying the full scenery with the boy and the girl sitting next to eachother on the steps. We both smiled at eachother as he gently kissed my forehead and just like the drawing, we were sitting on those steps, looking at the sunset shimmering on the lake, side by side.

____________________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading! I really wanted to include Joochan's love for drawing in this story, and i also included her sister who goes to an art school...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

F.Y.I
(For your imagination)

*on the main setting, there are three steps, facing the lake.

*the first time he sat next to you, he wore a blue sweatshirt with white lining.

*the pencil you passed to him was a yellow wooden pencil.

*the color of his sketchpad was green

*you both used the same type of sketchpad, only different colors.

*at the last setting, he wears a black hoodie over a white shirt.

*you wear whatever your heart imagines...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

You don't have to follow my descriptions...it's totally up to your own imagination...

Please vote, comment and request!