Chapter 1

Annabella

Dear Friend,

Today was the usual day; the waking up early, the horrible morning, the nasty food, the mountains of homework on my desk, and the chemotherapy.

My mind has been slowly going in a daze, like as if I was starting to lose sight of my mind, I might be stressed from everything. Anyway, it's almost the end of the year, just three weeks away, and I can't wait to go off to university and finally get out of this town. I want to explore the wold and write down everything I see, express in my own place.

You see everything is happing at once and It's all just rushing past me. It's as if I was in a race and I'm the one who's in last place, watching he runners run past me, winning as I'm losing. I feel I'm losi-

"Annabella time for dinner!"

My mother called, as I wrote in mid-sentence, I continued for a bit.

*My mother is calling me, I have to go, but until then I'll keep thinking of you.

Sincerely yours

I close the paper together and place it into the envelope, licking it shut. I place it in the corner of my desk with the others and get up to go downstairs.

"What took you so long honey?"

My mother asked as I sat down at the table and started to eat what she laid out.

"I was finishing my letter."

"Why do you write those letters, their to no one."

"So?"

"Honey, you need to express yourself some other way, not just by letters that will never be read."

"It works for me mother, just please stop talking about it, it's very personal to me."

"Whatever you say dear."

I sign to myself and start to play around with my spaghetti, I wasn't really feeling hungry anyway, I was more tired. I twirled around the noddles around my fork and play with it like a child would if they had the ability to even twirl a fork.

"Annabella, stop playing with your dinner and eat, you need energy."

"I'm tired mother, I don't have a lot of energy today."

"You have to get used to it honey, it's part of your treatment."

"Don't remind me, I hate it."

"I know honey, I know."

"Can I please be excused, I have a lot of homework to do."

"Fine, okay."

"Thanks."

I get up from the table and kiss my mother good night. I run up to my room and slam into my bed, cuddling into pillows. My desk lamp was on, but I was to lazy to reach and turn it off, so I just let it be and fell asleep.

-next morning

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock ringing loudly, I hit the snooze button and sit up, seeing the blue light shine into my bedroom. I alway loved the half morning sun, blue.

I get up from my bed and start to get ready for another day at school.

- one hour later

I let my curls falls down my back and rest peacefully, I didn't want to pull any of it out. I grab my bag and run downstairs not bothering for breakfast. I walk to school, I found this easier to see everything, having my mother taking me to school was a long awkward drive. Anyway I'm walking to school and I spot the big school I'm going to currently, Cheshire high school.

I take a deep breath and begin to walk a bit more faster towards the big high school.

As I walk into the building I see everyone running around acting crazy, like it's the last day, but sadly it's not.

"Hey Annabella!"

I hear my best friend, Mia, call out, I turn around and see her running towards me, giving me a tight hug.

"Hey, Mia. How's your morning so far?"

"The usual, how's yours?"

"Okay I guess, just a bit tired."

"Listen, during lunch I have to tell you something."

"Why can't you tell me now?"

"I want to show you it first."

"I'll be waiting."

"See you later, I have to go."

I see her run off in a different direction and I just smile and shake my head at this crazy person, as I turn around I bump into someone making them fall with me.

"Hey watch where you're going!"

I stand up and look to see that I ran into Harry, Harry Styles.