Chapter 4

Annabella

Dear Friend,

Today was okay until the end, a boy talked to me, and a very popular boy. His name is Harry Styles, a boy of mysteries I would say. It sometimes seems like he doesn't like to be popular, like he wishes to be invisible. When I see him in the hallway, he's not talking to the popular people he's trying to get through the halls like I do, a boy filled with mystery.

Ever since he bumped into me in the hall in the morning, which was only yesterday, he seems to notice, but why now I wonder. I know I'm invisible to everyone and to him, but why now? Why does he notice me now, only because he bumped into me? So many things.

Anyway, I have been okay, the chemotherapy is doing good I guess, I just feel weak all the time, but I'll get used to it like you did, but that's different. What am I saying, I'm sorry, I think my mind is still fuzzy from the chemotherapy. This letter is going to be short today, but tomorrow I will tell you everything.

Sincerely Yours

I fold the paper close and place into an envelope, once closed I throw it with the others on my desk and open up my laptop.

-Google

Twitter.com/login

I login and go through my feed which only had things about worthless words, all the words from the people from school. I see all the words, retweeted, favourited, and replied to several times; I was mostly left in the shadows, my words hidden, only I could read, only I did.

I look around some more and see that I have a notification. I click and see that I have a private message.

-Hey.

-hi

-your quiet on here to huh?

-who's this?

-look on the name above...

I look and see that it was Harry, I felt really stupid, I don't use twitter that much.

-sorry, I don't use twitter that much..

-I don't either, but I like to look once in awhile.

-yeah same here...

-I just wanted to say sorry for what happened earlier today, you know with Amanda.

-it's fine, I'm sort of used to it.

-I shouldn't have left you, I should have gone with you instead of her.

-it's fine, it's not like were close friends.

-yeah.. that's true..

-it's getting late, I'm going to sleep, night.

-night.

I close out of twitter and close my laptop shut, laying back in my chair. I shook my head and went over to my bed, laying down to fall asleep.

- a couple days later at school

I was sitting down at the lunch table, talking with Mia and I noticed at the corner of my eye I noticed a few girls staring at me. I look in their direction and they look away instantly, what's there problem?

"What's wrong Annabella?"

"Those girls keep staring at me."

"Just ignore them, probably judging us in their minds."

"Yeah, maybe you're right."

We continued to talk and eat as usual but then I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turn and see Harry.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"Can I sit with you?"

"You want to sit with us and not at your usual table?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"Yeah okay."

I look at Mia and she wiggles her eye brows at me before saying, " I have to go, I have a paper to turn in. See you later Annabella, bye Harry."

I wave her bye and face Harry.

"About the private messages and how you said that were not friends, is it okay if I change that."

"You want to be my friend?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, Harry tell me why all of a sudden you want to be my friend? Why did you suddenly decide to be my friend or even talk to me?"

"I don't know."

"Is someone making you do this or do you feel sorry for me because Mia is basically my only friend?"

"No I just want to actually get to know you."

"Bu-"

"Hey Harry!"

Said Amanda and her snot nose friends. They crowed around me and Harry, Amanda sitting on Harry's lap.

"So Harry, why are you sitting with this loner?"

"Because I want to."

"But why, I mean look at her, her sickly body, the flat hair, the flat chest, everything about her is boring. She doesn't even look like a girl, more like a 12 year-old boy hitting puberty."

Every single of her friends laughs and Harry just looks at me, I hate it when I'm humiliated in front of people about my body.

"Leave her alone Amanda."

"Defending her Harry?"

"Yeah I am, she's my friend and I can stand up for any time I want. "

"Well stop it, it's such a turn off."

"Okay, just stop. I don't want you , I never did."

"Lying to yourself Harry, I see the way you look at me."

"The way I look at you is filled with disgust and pain, I never liked you."

I smile at Harry, finally someone telling her off.

"C'mon Annabella, let's go." He pushes Amanda off his lap, making her fall to the floor.

I take his hand and he drags me to the exit of the cafeteria to the hallways.

"What are you doing?"

"Shh."

He brings me to the middle of the hallway and pushes me up against a locker.

"Har-"

"I've been wanting to do this for a few days."

Harry palms my face and leans in slowly. Me, being up against the lockers, hold his face in my hands. He kisses my lips tenderly and I just hold my breath as I feel my first kiss.