Chapter 4 - Stupid Old Man

All rights reserved. 2017

Maya's POV

We all turn our attention to a hunched elderly-man that's probably on his 60s.

I just noticed that he slid out of the open doors. That we were blocking.

"Why are you guys late?" He firmly asked us, almost annoyed. Annoyed that 4 dumb teens were ruining his day by being late to a welcoming assembly.

"We started about 11 minutes ago."

We all stayed quiet and looked at him, guilty.

Except for...

You know who...

Mike.

"What do you care? Old man." Mike asks with an I-Don't-Care-About-Anything Face.

The man gasps.

I slap my face.

"He meant, Sorry, it won't happen again" I finally say, scared.

"It better not. Only since it is the first day, i'll let you guys off with a warning, You guys go inside." He says pointing at us, then at back to the door.

We were about to go inside when..

"And if it does happen again, I'll have to punish you all. And that's something that I never do so, be scared." He claims, trying to scare us.

"OoOoOoH" J mocks him. "I'm so scared."

"Good." He quickly says before he passes us, and walks towards the teacher's bathroom.

"Good for nothing kids, it's only the first day, so why can't you all behave." He grumbled.

Mike and J started laughing, once coast was clear.

"I think he didn't know it was supposed to be sarcastic." 'The other one said'. I really have to learn his name.

We push the double doors to enter the auditorium, and scanned the room for seats available.

Wow, this school is packed.

Every seat is full. Except for four at the back of the auditorium, but in front of us. On the left side.

We walk to the seats, and sit on them. Because that's their purpose.

Mike was first, J, me, and then the other one.

There at the front of the auditorium, was the principal... I'm guessing.

He's talking about how rules are important and we need to follow them, blah, blah, blah, other irrelevant shit.

I quickly looked around for Ava, but there was no sign of her.

I punch J on the arm. Wishing I can punch Mike harder because of the stunt he pulled, talking back to the teacher.

Smh, I bet he doesn't talk like that to his parents.

"Ow?" J asked after a moment.

"That didn't hurt at all." He says shaking his head.

"How about-

"This" I say hitting him with all my force.

"Ou- Nope" J says teasingly

"Your too weak" Mike says.

"Oh, I'll show you weak-" I say reaching for Mike, so I could hit him.

I heard someone clear their throat.

Oh, shit.

I fixed myself and looked up at the teacher who was once talking to another teacher and now looking at me angrily, crossing his arms over his chest.

He had long hair and mustache, was short and chubby, and looked sunburnt.

He must think he did a good job tanning.

Everybody had their attention towards me. I hadn't noticed that he cleared his mouth so loud. But I guess he did.

Then I saw Ava sitting on the front seats, waving at me. And mouthing "You are so dead." Then she laughed.

When the chubby guy was about to say something.

"You people are rude to keep staring."

"But I mean, then again, who wouldn't look at this." Mike says as he points at himself.

Everybody turned around and started talking.

The chubby guy signaled with his index and middle finger, that he is watching us.

Then he continued talking.

The 'other one' tapped my shoulder.

I stared blankly at him.

"We're almost leaving." He said while smiling at me.

I returned that coy-ish smile.

"I didn't get your name, what was it?" I asked him.

"It's Christopher, I know yours." He responded.

"How do y- oh right." I remembered.

He smiled sheepishly.

The bell rang.

Everybody got up and walked to their first class. Which they knew because they got mailed their schedules. And if something happened to it, you'd have to ask for another one at the principals office.

We were closest to the door so, we got out first. They went to their lockers and I went to mines.

I went to my locker opened it. Took my book bag out, and took my binder that had my schedule out so I could look at it.

They had sent us two copies of our schedule, one small, so we can carry it in our pockets, the other one normal size, if that's even a thing.

I take my small one, fold it 4 times, put it in my right pocket, and put the books that I don't need in my locker.

I put my book bag on and walk to my first class.

Chemistry.

I don't know why I said it so dramatically but, okay.

I walk straight until I see the double doors I turn to the right into a hallway of doors.

"Maya!" A voice calls behind me.