The Genesis Covenant

Just Another Day

Wednesday 22nd April 2022 - 1245

St Judes, Middle School and Orphanage - London

School Outdoor Recreation Area

I cover up. The punches and kicks keep coming, I try to roll with them as best I can.  I've had a lot of practice.

These guys are expert at throwing out punches and kicks. Fortunately, they are not as good at connecting with them. Still, there are four of them, it's only a matter of time until something gets through.

I weave back, arms around my head and it happens. My legs get kicked out and I'm pushed over by the one behind me, I'm pretty sure it's Fizz, he has the weight to do it.

Down I go and the kicks rain in.

I curl into the fetal position.

A nice tight protective ball, hands up over the face. Hopefully, I can take it until someone comes to break it up.

This is a lot worse than the other times, maybe I shouldn't have hit back, but goddam I'm sick of these bullies.

I'm getting properly hurt here.

A kick smashes into my hands.

Which in turn mash into my mouth, I taste blood, I start to scream out for them to stop.

Another scream, oh thank god. Mrs Murthag the English teacher, she's really going for it, screaming...

'Get off him, get off him now!'

Thankfully the kicks stop, I crack my fingers and look up and see the raging Mrs Brooks. Ami standing next to her red-faced and shaking. Ah wonderful Ami Atkins, she's my best friend and no doubt the only one who went running for a teacher.

Five feet eight inches tall, athletic, long dark hair with streaks of auburn, and a light, bright complexion. She dressed like she doesn't care what anyone thinks and she really doesn't.

Baggy blue school jumper and a ground length long black skirt that reject's the above knee fashion.

The ruckus has attracted other teachers. Fizz and his gang are dragged away from me. They stand against the chain link fence.

'You lot to the principles now' Mrs Murthag shouts at them.

'Kai get to the nurse and don't be late for your next class. Ami go with him,' she calls, as she storms off after Fizz and his gang.

Ami bends down and offers her hand.

'You alright Ami?' I ask

'Am I alright, I'm fine??? It's' you. You're a disaster, why do they keep doing this to you?' she replies

'I'm ok, just a couple of knocks and a bit of blood. You look like you might blow your top, you're all red and shaking'

'It's these scummers, thinking they can beat, bully and pick on us. Just because we have to stay here, I just want to punish them, god I want to kill them', she rages.

Ami is awesome, but she's super intense and kinda scary when crossed. She's like Judge Dredd or Jack Bauer, completely uncompromising with people that mess with her, or me for that matter. Just last year she burned out the locker of a girl who scribbled on the front of one of her school books. Later she told me she bought some lighter fuel. Put half the can in through the air vent and posted a match. Fire engines were called, the school evacuated, the place went nuts. A proportional response was not something Ami bought into.