Fight

Thursday 22nd April 2022 - 0815

St Judes, Middle School and Orphanage - London

The Residence

I wake up, I feel pretty good.

I was starving when we got back and ate a massive pasta and sauce dinner, Ami was ribbing me on blowing up like a balloon if I kept eating.

I was super tired going to bed, and hit the sack at around 10. I hadn't slept so well in a long time, which made no sense because I pretty stressed out.

I'm starving again so I hit the shower, get dressed, drag on the school uniform. Black slacks, black brogue shoes and the blue and black stripy school tie to go with a simple white shirt. The basic uniform you see in almost every school, I don't even have to buy it. One of the few perks of having no family.

I beat my bushy blonde hair into some kind of shape with a brush and water, and head down the rec to grab some food.

No one else was there, so I grabbed a huge bowl of cereal and dug in. I just ate, surfed my phone and waited for my backup to come down.

At 0840 there she was, bundled in her typical shapeless uniform, long black hair glistening, fresh from the shower.

She grabbed some cereal and joined me.

'Right Rambo, I'm ready, let's go and kick the hornet's nest', Ami says with a sly smile.

'Rambo?' I say, 'that ref's way dated, I prefer Scott Pilgrim'.

'You know what, your right. Old and inaccurate, cause Rambo lives, your gonna be more like Rob Stark'

'Less dated and accurate, I approve!' I reply.

This is our typical banter. Normally I really enjoy it, but right now it's just reminding me I've got to face up to Fizz and find out about the note.

She looks at me, straight on, and very slightly shakes her head. I find her lack of faith hilarious and burst out laughing. She can't keep a straight face and cracks up too, there we are, roaring with laughter, trying to keep cereal in our mouths.

One of her eyebrows raises, and she says, 'hey what happened to your face?'

'What do you mean?' I retort

'It's not beat up, it's healed, where's your black eye?' asks Ami confused.

I only just realise, my face doesn't hurt, actually, none of me does. I hadn't really thought about how good I felt when I woke.

I get my phone out and flip the camera, not a mark on me.

'Are you wearing makeup?' she asks with a stifled giggle.

I snort out a laugh in return and say 'The healing power of sleep eh, I feel good today'. She shrugs and goes on eating.

We finish up, 'Right Neo, let's go and see the Merovingian', she says

I smirk, but don't reply, my mind has turned to how I'm going approach Fizz without setting him off. As much as we are joking about what might happen to me, I really want to avoid another kicking.

We walk along the connecting path between the residence and the school.

It's a beautiful morning, inspiring even.

I decided just to go for it, as soon as I see Fizz I'll face up to him. If I see him and then think about it too much I'll wimp out, I've got to just go for it.