fourteen; in which they get coffee

whoops haha this is unedited and I haven't had a lot of time this week to update. I've been home from University but I've also started working like 6 days a week and today was my day off so yeah!  Anyways here's a chapter to hopefully enjoy and remember to comment and vote because I love responding to peoples comments!! Enjoy!
-Kate

---

Elizabeth checked her phone as she heard the hotel door click shut behind her. She had a couple messages from Jillian, one from Alex and one from Brendan. She quickly responded to Brendan's text first since he had asked an easier question to answer than Jillian.

She quickly changed into more casual clothes. She wore a faded pair of loose jeans, a plain grey tee-shirt and threw on a hoodie since there was a slight breeze this morning.

She opened her messages to see two more from Jillian.

[iMessage]
[Jillian & Elizabeth]

yesterday at 8:47 pm

I know you're busy at the game
tonight but be safe girl! and text me
when you get back to your hotel room

today at 12:37 am

I'm gonna assume you're getting laid
and sucking Brendan's dick so text
me in the morning and give me ALL the deets
read at 7:57 am

you're read receipts are on so I know
you're awake!! TELL ME ALL ABOUT
YESTERDAY!!

Liz!!!!

okay okay, calm down! I was getting dressed!

are you at his place still???

no i left like a half hour ago

so you did stay the night 😏

we went out for dinner after the game
and we talked for the entire time and
the conversation never felt awkward
or forced or anything.

but yeah then i stayed the night

you tired this morning then?

frick i'm exhausted girl.

that man has stamina for dayysss

oooooo. you got yourself a good one

well no, i mean we technically aren't a thing

shut up you are totally a thing

except we aren't? like we aren't dating, and idk where we stand.

GIRLLL, you're basically dating,
I bet he asks you out before you
leave Montreal. You have plans
with him today right?

just coffee in a few, i'm going down to
my car now to drive to some local place

He loves you, you love him
just admit it too each other already

i love him?

woah wait that's a big commitment

you'll be fine. I know you're worried he'll be like that douche you dated in
like freshman year, and I know you
said you loved that asshole but that
was a toxic relationship and it wasn't
love. What you have with Brendan is
the real deal though because every time
I see you text him or vice-versa you're happy.

he does make me happy, i guess i'm just
worried that loving someone shouldn't be this
easy? like, i thought it would be harder, but with Brendan everything is just so easy.

I know, but go to your coffee date and
enjoy the time you have with him

okay, love you best friend

love you too best friend

Elizabeth took a deep breath as she waited fro her car to warmup, she stared at her phone for a minute processing what Jillian had said; everything was true, Elizabeth did love him, she was just terrified of what loving him really meant.

She opened Alex's messages and typed out a quick reply before leaving her phone in the cup holder and driving off to the cafe Brendan wanted to meet her at.

It was a ten minute drive and another few while Elizabeth tried to find the shop. She found parking along the street, it wasn't busy this early in the morning she noticed. She parked and paid the parking meter,

She walked towards the cafe and inside, taking in the busy but somehow relaxing atmosphere. She looked around and noticed Brendan sitting at a table, two coffees placed on the table already.

She smiled and sat down, "Hey." she greeted him.

He immediately set his phone down on the table and turned his attention towards her. "Hey, how are you?" he was smiling.

"Little tired, but the coffee should help that. How are you?" she stirred sugar and cream in her coffee, the basket on their table had a bunch of each.

"I'm feeling really good today," he sipped on his coffee. "I still can't believe you're actually here, in Montreal. It just doesn't seem real."

She laughed, "It's real. There's no way last night was a dream." she playfully winked.

He chuckled and Elizabeth saw the slightest blush tint his cheeks. "yeah, last night was amazing."

"Brendan, I've really enjoyed spending time with you. Seeing you play yesterday was great, and dinner afterwards was delicious." Elizabeth commented, "Thanks for all this."

"I wasn't gonna let the opportunity to spend time with my girl go to waste," Brendan took another drink of his coffee.

Elizabeth smiled and sipped her coffee, now he had her blushing. "Since when am I your girl?"

Brendan laughed and ran a hand through his hair. He didn't brush it this morning, Elizabeth could tell. "Well..." He smiled and looked out a window watching as a light snow started to fall.

"Well what Brendan Gallagher?" Elizabeth teased him a little more.

"I enjoy every second I spend talking to you and I really like you, so I was hoping you would want to be my girlfriend?" Brendan smiled while he was asking her, she could tell he was nervous.

"I'd love that Brendan."