twenty-three; in which there's a reunion

Elizabeth rolled her suitcase through the airport. She enjoyed the city because everything was in her native language, it put her at ease despite the anxiety she felt in the plane.

She had never flown before and flying made her nervous, well mostly the landing made her nervous.

It was cold in Montreal as she walked, seeing a group of people with signs.

That's when she spotted someone standing with two young women, taking photos. He was slightly turned away from where she was walking so he didn't see her right away. She watched him turn his head to check for her, a smile starting to appear on his face when the woman he was taking a photo with leaned in and kissed him.

At this point Elizabeth was within walking distance, she stopped and set her suitcase in front of Brendan. He had taken a step back from the woman, clearly caught off guard.

"Can I help you?" The the platinum blonde with an obviously fake tan asked.

"You can walk the fuck away," Elizabeth shrugged, part of a french accent lingering in her voice. It happened sometimes when she was mad.

"And why would I do that?" She almost laughed. The woman had a couple inches of height on Elizabeth, but that didn't stop her.

Elizabeth stood her ground and placed a hand on her hip. "I think you should be careful about kissing other people's boyfriends when it isn't warranted."

"You're not dating her are you?" The blonde asked Brendan.

His response was to simple slip an arm around Elizabeth's waist and grab her suitcase for her. "I'm proud to be dating her."

The puck bunny walked away with her friend, not before scoffing and trying to act superior to Elizabeth. Even trying one last jealous jab, "You're his girl when he's here, but he's got plenty on the road."

Elizabeth watched as she walked away, brushing off the girls comment.

"I didn't know she was going to do that, I only agreed to a photo," Brendan commented.

"Yeah," Elizabeth shook her head. She turned towards Brendan with a smile and leaned up to kiss him.

For a moment they reconnected with a kiss before she pulled back with a smile. She pulled him in for a hug and just let his strong arms surround her. He smelled like old spice, the forest one, or maybe the mountain one. It didn't really matter to much, he just smelt like him and she was happy to be with him again.

Brendan and her walked out of the airport and got into his car. She laughed as they exchanged stories from the past couple of days that they didn't know yet. Elizabeth felt happy, but what the puck bunny had said right before walking off had really stuck with her.

"Are you okay?" Brendan asked, "You seem off."

"It's nothing," Elizabeth forced a smile. Brendan had stopped at a red light and gave her a look; he knew that whatever it was wasn't nothing.

"It's just that the girl mentioned you'd have plenty of others on the road," Elizabeth shrugged. "It's not that I believe what she said but it is just bothering me I guess."

He pulled into his parking spot. He reached over and grabbed one of her hands. "I only want you, I'm only in love with you."

"I know that, and I'm in love with you," Elizabeth smiled. His reassurance helping.

"I mean it," He looked at her, turning her head to look at him instead of in her lap. "I wouldn't cheat on you."

Elizabeth smiled, she really smiled. She enjoyed his company and really put her trust in him. "I trust you Brendan, you don't have to tell me. Let's go upstairs."

The two walked upstairs, hands held as they travelled.

For the first time in Elizabeth's life she felt pure happiness being in the presence of a boyfriend. Brendan hadn't felt true love for any girl before Elizabeth, but now that he knew this feeling he wasn't going to sabotage himself.

Neither believed in soulmates, but if they existed then they knew they were each-others.

-
THE END
-

Maybe I'll write and epilogue but I'm probably gonna start my Alex Galchenyuk fanfic so make sure to find it on my profile