Merlin

KINGSMAN IMAGINES

MERLIN

SECRETS 

Hamish sat on his bed, his head in his hands as he took in the contents of the letter he'd found on his bedside table this morning. His bed, that was decorated with dark green and black bed sheets felt different than it had last night. It now felt cold and lonely. The pillow that once propped a head was now headless. It all seemed so surreal. He'd never thought they existed in the world he lived in, but it made sense with all of those 'holidays' his newly found companion in life had.

Hamish,

I've been keeping a few secrets of my own over the past two years that I've known you on a personal level for. Secrets that could bring myself and the people around me harm, should they be revealed to the wrong people. Secrets that would have you spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder... but I trust you Hamish. Which is why I'm going to tell you them.

I'm a secret agent that operates at the highest level of discretion. I've killed many people but in doing so I've saved more lives than I've taken. I see in you, what my mentor had seen in me. If you don't feel like joining me, that's fine. You can forget about me and all of the memories that we've shared together... But if you want to... And only if you want to... Meet me at the tailor that I work at, tomorrow at 1300 hours. This should give you over 24 hours to come to a decision.

During the year and a half that we've been together, I have done some things to keep my cover undiscovered. Things that may make me be considered as a bad person. I leave this to be said last, because I feel like you should know. I just want you to know that I never meant what I'd done, nor would I do it if I didn't have to. I love you Hamish. Always have. Always will. It is okay if you forget about me... but I will never forget the man I fell in love with. I guess the saying really is true. You never forget your first.

Y/N. xx

He could understand why he was never told the truth about their activities... but why now? Why was now such a good time to tell him. His mind lingered on the line 'I see in you, what my mentor had seen in me.' Could that be what Y/N wanted to tell me about if I showed up? A job application? He gave a small smile. She was always trying to do right by him. She knew that he wasn't very happy. His skills weren't sought after by employers. He even tried to start his own employment where he would repair computers and install protective programs such as spam blockers and anti-virus software for a fee depending on the job required.

That's actually how he'd met Y/N. The two had seen each other before on many occasions. Enough times to almost assume it was planned. However, the first time the two spoke was for business. Y/N was having some technical difficulties with a laptop that continued to shutdown each time she tried to turn it on. She had a laptop which was only used for sensitive material that was supposed to be done for Kingsman and Kingsman only. However the laptop in question was recovered during a mission. It was believed to hold mission critical data that would provide priceless data. That data was assumed to hold information regarding the location where an exchange of nuclear launch codes was to happen. After he provided assistance, Hamish couldn't turn down the offer of dinner at her house that night. That one job had sparked the longest relationship Hamish had ever held onto. And he wasn't about to give up on it either.

M

"I'll be honest with you Hamish. I never thought that you'd show up. If anything I'm flattered that I mean this much to you."

Hamish walked up to the woman who was a whole head and shoulders shorter than him and gave her a hug. "You mean the world to me and I refuse to give up on you. Especially when you never gave up on me. But I have one condition."

The woman looked up into his hazel eyes. "What's the condition."

His hands rested on both of her upper arms while he looked into her own (colour) eyes. "No more secrets. I can't stand the thought of us both living two different lives."

Y/N brought her lips to his for a brief moment before taking hold of her right hand. "You have a deal." They both shared a smile before she asked to use fitting room 1. They both entered before the question was dropped. "Hamish, I'm asking you if you wish to be a Kingsman."

"Haven't we already established my answer?"

"It's strictly for formal purposes." Y/N said while rolling her eyes at the man she loved. His attractive Scottish accent said yes before she'd placed her hand on the glass. The entire fitting room slowly fell while she gave a brief history lesson on Kingsman and what they do. Once the two had gone for the ride in the bullet, Y/N had noticed that they were late. "Shit. We should probably hurry up. We have a five minute walk to where the others are. They both made their way towards the window and Hamish starred in awe and the sight before him. Countless vehicles and twin jet aeroplanes were scattered on the ground and the people tending to them looked like ants. While walking through the door they'd realised they weren't alone. Before them stood two me. One that Y/N knew and the other was someone she could only assume was their recruit. "Lancelot. It's a pleasure to see you. Whose this young man?" Y/N asked while shaking their hands.

"It's a pleasure to see you too. This is my candidate." Lancelot said with a proud smile.

"It's lovely to meet you. My name is Harry. And you?"

"I'm Gawain and this is my candidate."

"Hamish." He said giving each of the two men a firm grip and a smile. "I don't suppose we go through this door here right?" After receiving a nod from Y/N and Lancelot, both Harry and himself walked through the door.

M

"It's alright that you didn't get the part of Galahad. You're probably not the best fit for a field agent... After my father died two months ago due to natural causes, a new spot had opened up. Perhaps you would like to take it?" Y/N said before taking a mouthful of scotch. "My father wasn't a field agent... He was more like tech support. And being that you're pretty good with our technology and just tech in general it seems like the best fit."

Hamish placed his hand on hers. "As long as I'm with you there isn't much more that matters. But I have to ask. Would you..." He paused for a moment, trying to think of the best way to word his feelings. "Would you ever at some point... Maybe I dunno... Consider potentially marrying me one day?" The rim of his glass of scotch appeared to be super interesting during the space of time between his question and her response.

"I have actually. Especially during the times when I never thought I'd see you again." He looked up with a face that read 'hope' as clear as day. "But I need you to know that I can't possibly wear the ring or bring it with me unless my cover requires me to be married... Nor would I ever feel faithful if I had to do something to another man or woman that wasn't you."

"I can understand if you feel that way. But it's not any different then before."

"I'd never had to sleep with anyone on a mission before. Even before I'd even met you Hamish. Honestly I thought you would've already know that... Don't take my response a bad way it's just I'm worried about what you'd think if I had to."

Hamish brought both of his hands across the wooden table. They naturally enclosed the hands of the woman who sat across from him. "I will admit. I'll be upset because when I'm with you I'm selfish and want to keep you all to myself... But if it is the only way, then you're just going to have to. But I can tell you this." Hamish motioned for Y/N to lean across the table, meeting her in the middle and whispered in her ear. "The second we get time to ourselves I'm going to-" The complexion on her beautiful face changed to darker shades of red with every single detail of what he was going to do to her entered her ear. He had leaned back with one a smirk of victory that graced his devilishly handsome features. Never had Y/N been as flustered as she was that night. And boy were the two of them in for a treat when they got home.

M

Word Count: 1518

Hopefully you enjoyed this one. I tried to make sort of like a backstory for Merlin because we don't really know a lot about him. Remember to request in the comments or in a private message. Next up will be Eggsy so stay tuned for that.