Chapter 4

He came close to my bed looking hesitantly at it. I moved away to make room for him to sit and patted the space next to me. He took a sit and was extremely close to me. I could feel his breath and it unfortunately smelled like alcohol. I sighed. He looked in my eyes and put his hand on my cheek moving his thumb up and down.

"You're drunk, Alec. Go to your room" I said a little hurt thinking that he only talks to me when he's drunk or high.

"I'm serious, I'll tell you everything"

"As much as i want you to, I can't. You'd kill me in the morning" he leaned in and whispered in my ear

"I'd never lay a single finger on you". Now i had goosebumps all over.

"Just leave, Alec. I'll talk to you in the morning, when you're sober"

"Can i stay here tonight? I missed you so much, Aurora"

"Fine, but you'll stay in your part of the bed, right?"

"Yes, i told you i won't lay a single finger on you, not without your consent" he winked and got under the covers and i was feeling very uncomfortable.

After a while i looked at him and he was asleep, snoring softly. I turned and looked at his face. His long black lashes, his pink plump lips, his straight nose, his strong, sharp jaw and his high cheekbones.

I looked at the ceiling and wondered what in the hell happened with the boy i once knew. I felt so frustrated that i only felt like i knew him when he was like this...

He moved a little and i instantly tensed. He put his hand over my waist and i froze, even if he was still asleep.

•••

The next morning i woke up alone in my bed. I stretched my hands and shivered when my feet made contact with the cold floor.

After i took a shower i went downstairs in the kitchen to eat something. But before i could prepare my breakfast i heard grunts and some other noises i couldn't identify. I slowly followed the sound and it led me to the door of the basement. I shivered remembering what happened the last time.

I opened the door and walked down the stairs. I let out a breath, it was just Alec punching and kicking a punch bag. The poor object. Why was he so mad?

I slowly approached him and extended my hand to touch his back. But before i could, he turned and grabbed my wrist, squeezing it. I cried in pain. I looked in his eyes and i saw no emotion

"Let go, Alec!" He dropped my hand and turned, his back facing me

"Leave" he demanded.

"Did you have breakfast?"

"No"

"You should eat if you continue like that" he didn't answer "I'll prepare breakfast, just come eat".

I walked back in the kitchen and made some pancakes. I ate some and left the others on the table.I wanted to go back in my room when he called me

"Can we talk?" I turned raising my eyebrow

"About?"

"Did i..." He looked awkward "did we do something last night?" I frowned in confusion, then widened my eyes when i understood what he meant

"No! Of course not. I'd never-" I cut myself off "you were drunk and asked me to let you sleep with m-" i cut myself off again "in the same bed with me" i shook my head. Oh god, i was probably red as a tomato

"Ok" he looked relieved and walked in the kitchen mumbling a 'sorry'

•••

The next days until the week was over i haven't seen him, i didn't even know if he was home or not.

•••

It was Monday and my first day of college. I was a little nervous. Mr Curtis gave me a ride. In one of my classes i took a sit next to a gorgeous girl. She had blonde hair and brown eyes. I said a 'hi' but she didn't answer. While the teacher was speaking i couldn't help but observe she was writing nonsense on her notebook. I just shrugged. After the class was over she came running to me

"Hey! Can i-" she was panting after running after me "can i borrow your notes?" I looked her in the eyes and saw how big her pupils were

"Are you high?" I whispered. She dragged me to a corner and started laughing

"Yes, but don't tell Will!" She whisper yelled

"What? Who's Will?" I asked confused

"He's my boyfriend and he would be very mad at me for coming high at college"

"Okay?" I checked my watch. My next class was starting in 10 minutes. "Here are my notes. What's your name?"

"I'm Claire, you?"

"Aurora. Nice to meet you"

"You too. I'll return the notes tommorow. Thanks" before i could say anything she ran. What a strange girl.

For the first day it was really cool, but i was tired when i came home. I ate something and went to my room, wanting to sleep. But how could i? All i could hear were moans and groans, and believe me, nobody was in pain, except me.

What the heck! Alec's room is at the end of the hall, how can they be so loud?!