Chapter 21

The whole week, absolutely every day after i came from college, i trained with Alec. He was pushing me way over my limit and every part of my body was hurting. We agreed that we will sleep together on Fridays and Saturdays. And today was Friday yaay! *Feel the sarcasm*. I was still kinda scared of him but it's starting to fade away. Mr Curtis left again in one of his business trips so i was alone in the house with Alec. He had talked to Will and they were getting along better. But unfortunately not as well as before.

•••

We just finished training and i was taking a shower. After i got out i got dressed and went to Alec's room.

"I want to go back to that lake" i told him still standing in the doorway. He sighed

"Car or motorbike?" I smiled

"Motorbike if your leg is well enough" he smiled back

"It is. Come on" we went back there and this time we took a blanket with us. We put it on the ground and we both took a sit on it.

"I have a lot of questions. Are you ready to answer them?" I asked lowly

"Are you ready to hear the answer?" I thought about it for a few seconds then nodded

"What does this lake mean to you?"

"I used to come here and go skinny dipping when i was missing you so i could get you out of my head" i didn't expect that

"Why does it bother you when i call you Alec?"

"I used to have nightmares of you being shot while you were screaming it and i was watching. It was at the beginning, after the first kills"

"Who is the bad guy actually? The mafia or its enemies?"

"The mafia leaves us alone as long as we keep our mouths shut. So the bad guys are the enemies"

"Was your mom and mine part of it as well?"

"No, but they knew about it"

"Do you usually smoke and drink?"

"Not as much as i used to when you weren't here"

"How did you mother die?"

"She was shot in the heart 5 times"

"Why are you never at work?"

"My father does everything so there isn't much left for me to do oder than street fighting"

"How did you get that piece of glass in your back? What about that 'scratch' on your arm?"

"Street fighting"

"If you're out of the mafia why did you expect someone to enter in your house?"

"That's how i was trained"

"What were you and Will doing the night we were kidnapped?"

"Street fighting"

"Why didn't you want me to go to Claire's party?"

"Because there were a lot of people that were or are in the mafia and i didn't want them to know you know me"

"Why wasn't i allowed to be around you at Claire's party?"

"The same reason"

"Why did you tell me not to tell people at college that i know you?"

"Same reason"

"Will once said 'I'm pretty sure Alex would like to kill me but he can't do it in front of you'. What did he mean?"

"I used to think you were too pure to see such violence but you coped really well with seeing Claire kill 3 people in front of you"

"Why didn't you want to talk to me everytime i called?"

"It was easier for me and i thought it would be easier for you as well"

"How did you feel when you left?"

"Like i lost my will to breathe and there was nothing worth living for without you"

"Why were you so rude to me when i arrived?"

"I thought you would keep your distance from me if i would and you wouldn't be in any danger"

"Why didn't you want me to come here?"

"I didn't want you to be in danger" i asked all the questions that i could think of mechanically and he answered just as mechanically. Without any emotions. He hasn't looked at me at all. He was just staring at the lake and me at the sky

"Alec" he turned to me "do you really consider me too young for you?" He was silent for a few seconds

"If it would have been just any girl, i wouldn't have a problem to fuck her. But i know that with you it would be more. And i don't do relationships. I never could. I sometimes envy Will for what he has with Claire but i also think it's too complicated" my eyes were wide open and i was just staring at him. I turned my gaze to look back at the sky when another question popped in my head

"How many times have you watched me sleep?" He avoided looking in my eyes

"More times than you would like" i opened my mouth to say something and then closed it when nothing came out. I can't believe he watched me sleep!

"You're a creep" i said jokingly

"Can't help it" he smiled

"Being a creep or watching me sleep?" He just chuckled.