Chapter 40

~4 months later~

I can't believe I'm getting married! I know I'm in the 9th month and i have to be very careful, but it can't honestly get better. Claire and Irina are my bridesmaids and they are so beautiful. And my dress is gorgeous.

 And my dress is gorgeous

The bridesmaids' dresses

Aurora's dress

I was already dressed and couldn't wait to walk down the aisle holding my dad's arm. My parents were so happy when they heard i was pregnant. Claire and Will were happy for me, but Claire told me that she can't have children but is thinking about adopting. I felt bad for her especially that she helped me so much during these last few months.

After my dad walked me down the aisle and gave us his blessings, me and Alec told our vows. Those few minutes were the happiest of my entire life. But what we did not know was that those moments were the calm before the storm.

As we almost finished our vows, the doors of the church opened revealing Kane. That was the moment i knew that something bad was about to happen. Kane hasn't been himself lately, he was very mad when i told him i was getting married. He refused to come to the wedding and he started a fight against Irina.

Everyone looked over at him, not knowing what to expect from him. He got out a gun pointing it at me. I gulped. He wouldn't. I know him, he would never hurt me. But what if that person that's wearing Kane's face, is not actually him?

"If i can't have you, nobody will!" he screamed, firing the gun. It all happened so fast. A lot of people, including my dad and Mr. Curtis jumped on Kane, immobilizing him. I mentally checked if i was hurt,but i didn't feel anything. I was alright. But how is it possible? He shot me. I know he did. Unless...

I looked down seeing Alec with a bloody hole in his chest, laying there without moving. I don't know when i fell to my knees and started shaking him and calling his name

"Come back, please" my vision was blurry, my eyes filled with tears. "You have to come back. You'll be a father" he opened his eyes slowly

"Aurora, listen to me" he could barely talk

"no, no, no. You're going to live. You have to" i said sobbing

"No, I'm not. But you are. You'll have a beautiful baby girl. She'll have your hair and your kindness, but she'll also have my eyes and my stubbornness. Call her Kora" he said chocking on the blood that was now tripping from his mouth.

"How do you-?" i wanted to ask but it was too late. His eyes fluttered closed and he was gone. For ever. I started screaming until i felt a pair of hands raising me up.

"Aurora you have to go to a hospital, your water's broken. Come on" Claire said trying to hold her tears back. I know she was trying to be strong for me. "Will!" she screamed but i wasn't there anymore. I felt like i was dead. I didn't have a reason to live anymore. Alec was gone. I felt Will caring me bridal style, the way Alec was supposed to when we would walk for the first time in our new home. I closed my eyes and didn't open them for a long time.

When i did i heard some people talking. I looked down and i knew what was happening. I was in the hospital and i was bleeding.

"We can't save them both. The bleeding it's too much" i heard them talking

"The baby. Save the baby!" i heard myself screaming. They looked at me and nodded. "CLAIRE!" i screamed. She gave inside wearing hospital equipment. She has been crying i could tell. Will followed close behind her, he has been crying too. "Come here" i told them. Claire tried to say something but i stopped her. "I won't make it and that's fine, I'll be with Alec" i said feeling tears streaming down my face "but my baby will. She's gonna be a girl, that's what Alec told me, you might have some problems with her personality, but you survived Alec so you'll be fine" i laughed earning a laugh from them as well. "you have to take her away. The moment she is born, you have to take her away from everyone, from this life. Don't tell my parents or Mr Curtis, don't tell anyone. She's yours now and i need you to take care of her. When the time will be right tell her everything about her real parents and tell her that we loved her. Promise me"

"We promise. We'll protect her with our life and we'll love her as our own" Will said because Claire was crying too hard. It was the first time i've seen Claire crying.

"It's a girl" the doctor said. I started crying again. She was crying too

"Give her to them" i told the doctors

"But Miss..." they looked alarmed

"DO IT!" i screamed. The doctors handed little Kora to Claire. "Her name is Kora with a K" i told them. "Go! Now!" i told them. I watched as they left with my little girl. She was in good hands, that was for sure. She'll be fine, she'll be happy. With that thought in mind i closed my eyes.