Chapter Nine

Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas filled with love, happiness and a lot of great presents lol. I made this chapter slightly longer for you guys because, after all, it's Christmas! And don't forget to tune in tomorrow and see my special Christmas present I made for you; which I hope you will enjoy thoroughly. But for now,

Enjoy this chapter!

<><><><><><><><><><>

Yuri pulls me forward until our lips are firmly pressed together and I immediately feel the anger of the fog and how it's fighting against my positive thoughts as I try my best to push it back where it belongs. Yuri's tongue enter my mouth easily and I let my own tongue play around with his and it makes me feel good. No, not just good, great.

We keep kissing until we run out of breath and are forced to part but the smiles on our faces are undeniable. I sigh softly and hide my face in Yuri neck, inhaling his special scent and feel more than happy that the fog is gone and it's me again – having control over my own thoughts and actions.

But then I remember what Natalia said and I freeze all over again. I pull away from Yuri and turn around glaring at Natalia who looks more than scared, leaning against the opposite wall. I stand up and face her even though she's avoiding my gaze at any cost.

"How could you?" I say, coldness seeping into my voice. Yuri stands next to me, his warmth grounding me so I don't do anything I know I will regret later on.

"I'm sorry," she whispers. "That was the most horrible thing-"

"Yes, it was!" I interrupt her. "You know how much Boris meant – means – to me!" the last word comes out forced as my throat closes up and I begin crying, remembering Boris gentle face.

"Aleks, come here," Yuri whispers and pulls me close.

"I loved him. He wasn't just my friend. He was my brother!" I sob loudly. Natalia cries with me and I can see her sliding down to the floor, her whole body shaking violently and her breath is coming out quick and uneven.

"I-I'm sorry," she croaks, her voice barely heard. She puts her hands on her chest, "I can't breathe."

Even though I'm mad at her and wish she would think before saying those horrible words; I feel sympathy for her. I remove myself from Yuri's embrace and crouch down next to her.

"Natalia, you have to breathe in and out slowly," I tell her but she's shaking her head back and forth.

"I can't!" she gasps inside my mind. I take one of her hands and put it on my chest.

Listen to my voice and breathe in slowly with me. Good...now....breathe out...I instruct her in a gentle voice. And together, we begin breathing in and out slowly until her breathing is more stable.

"Aleksandr," she whimpers brokenly and I don't care what she told me – this girl is broken, just like us. Sometimes we do and say things we never mean but it's because of what we went through and never because we want to hurt each other. I pull her into a tight hug and keep whispering in her ear to breathe evenly and not let the panic overtake her rational thoughts.

A few moments later Natalia pulls away from me, her head hanging low, face obscured by her pale hair. Yuri sighs deeply and kneels next to us.

"It's almost night. We should get going and find some clothes before you freeze to death." he tells us. I give him a nod and put my hand on Natalia's shoulder.