Chapter Forty Three

Greetings to you all, and a very happy Friday! I wish you all a great weekend filled with blessings and happy days. The Q&A will be answered this Saturday or Sunday and the reason for that is...I forgot I even posted a Q&A lol! Kidding - kinda - but in all seriousness, I have been busy with editing, uodating new chapters on wattpad and being with family and friends of course. So I hope you'll excuse the slight delay. Anyhow, here is chapter forty three and I hope you will all-

Enjoy! (it)

<><><><><><><><><><>

"He...was...pressing...down...on...my...chest..." she gasps, pressing both her hands to her heaving chest.

"He intended to kill you," says Dr. Valkov, "that boy is uncontrollable at times. I must find a way to tame him faster before he loses all control and goes haywire around here."

"Why did you make him so powerful?" Natalia hisses and I remember the times when she barely spoke and couldn't even look Dr. Valkov in the eyes from the intense fear she had for him.

"It evolved faster and stronger than we had calculated, and none of that matters at the moment, does it?" he says. "What matters now is Number One. I want you at your full strength when I release his powers. I can't have you falling over and crying when he uses them on you, because he will!"

"You said you will help me!" says Natalia, panic evident in her voice. Dr. Valkov growls and grasps her hair in his fist, pulling her up harshly and ignores her cry of pain.

"Stop being disrespectful or our deal is over, and all of you will die!" he hisses in her ear and I watch in horror at how Natalia breaks down and begins sobbing heavily at his threat.

"Yuri!" she cries, hiding her face behind her trembling hands.

"Yuri will be yours if you co-operate, but right now you are not doing that, are you sweetheart?" Dr. Valkov coos and I almost vomit up what little breakfast I had.

"Yes, Sir." Natalia whimpers, and I almost scream when I see her leaning up and pressing a light kiss to Dr. Valkov's lips. "I will obey you, and only you, Sir!" she salutes him and I can slowly feel how my reality is crumbling around me.

"W-what are you going to do to m-me?" I manage to say, my throat clogged up and my heart beating wildly behind my ribcage.

"You will soon find out, Number One," he answers me curtly. I look between them and step back a few steps until I bump into Alexandrei's unconscious body laying on the floor.

"Shall we begin?" says Natalia, wrapping her arm alongside Dr. Valkov's and I stare at them like they have gone insane. Natalia has, that's for sure!

"Yes, I will leave you both to talk and I should return within the hour. And be careful, even though I have disabled his powers, he is still uncontrollable at times." says Dr. Valkov, he pats Natalia's hand one last time before scooping up Alexandrei in his arms and exiting the room along with Vladimir.

Natalia turns to me with a gentle smile that has me shivering in disgust.

"What?" I say lowly, avoiding her gaze at all cost. I sit back down on the chair and hope the time passes quickly so I don't have to deal with her anymore.

"We need to talk, Aleksandr," she says softly, sitting on the other chair across mine. "I know all of this is a shock to you,"

"How did you figure that out?"