Chapter Thirty Five

A happy Monday y'all! How are you this day? I wish you all a wonderful rest of the week and hope you will enjoy this chapter, as well :)

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><><><>

I keep going in and out of unconsciousness until I find myself waking up fully inside my room laying on my bed; a blanket thrown across my body. I sit up slowly, my head throbbing painfully and the back of my neck still burning. I drag my fingers across it and find the flesh disfigured, almost like something is written across it. I hiss when my fingertip dips into an open wound. I pull it back quickly and find an odd combination of blood mixed with something yellow. I wipe it off on my shirt and scan the room to see if something has changed since the last time.

But the only thing changed is the tray awaiting me on the floor. I slip down from the bed, shivering when my toes hit the cold floor and retrieve the – slightly heavy – tray. I slide under the blanket and put the tray in front of me while removing the lid. I gasp at the wide assortment of food and fruit. There's even that fluffy stuff that I enjoyed very much back at the asylum!

I immediately dip my finger into the white fluffiness and moan loudly in satisfaction. It tastes as sweet and creamy as I remember it. I take the spoon and eat the fluffy thing first before starting on the chicken leg laid next to different vegetables. I take a bite from the leg and shove a piece of tomato in my mouth. How can food be so delicious, yet other times be so disgusting and inedible! Who cares...this food is delicious! I devour everything until I can barely breathe anymore, let alone move, so I put the lid back on the tray and set it next to the bed. I snuggle under the cover and fall asleep relatively quickly; the large amount of food taking its toll on my malnourished body.

I wake up to a stinging sensation on the back of my neck. I blink open my eyes and look back to find Vladimir standing on my bedside, putting a colorless liquid on a soft cotton pad before reaching over and brushing it over my wound. I hiss and pull away.

"It burns!" I hiss, almost reaching back and scratching it when Vladimir reaches over and grasps my hand in his. I swallow heavily and avert my eyes when his gaze locks on me.

W-why am I feeling this way when he's near me?

"Don't touch it or you will give yourself an infection!" he scolds me before letting go off my hand and returning the cotton pad to my wound. "It will sting but it will kill all the bacteria. Rather have you experience slight pain now than having to give you strong medication if you happen to get infected by your dirty fingernails." he turns away my head so I'm facing the wall and repeats the procedure several times before he sighs softly. "Done."

I turn around and look at him closely as he throws away the cottons pads and his used gloves inside a clear bag. His eyes are a beautiful shade of gray-blue and his nose fits his handsome, slightly angular face very much so. His lips...they...I blush and clutch the pillow closer to me.

I want to kiss them...but...is it wrong to feel this? This is the first time I've felt like this to another guy except Yuri. What if I'm also...gay?

"Enjoying my looks, Number One?"

"Huh?" I wake up from my thoughts and flush harder when I notice the smirk on his face.

"I can't blame you. The ladies can't get enough of this face or body," he says with a chuckle and I can't help but give him a smile in return. "That's the first time I see you smile, Number One, it's...cute."