Chapter 8

(Veronica's perspective in her diary)

Dear diary, today was horrible! Betty told me that Jughead kissed a serpent and I caught Archie kissing someone too.

It all started this morning at 8am, when I got to school. I walked through the gate and Betty ran up to me. She had mascara running down her face and she looked wrecked, like she hand't slept at all and she had been crying all night. "What's wrong?" I asked. I got no response. But after a few seconds of silence, Betty burst into tears. "Oh my God. Seriously, Betty, what's wrong?" "It's Jughead, h-he chested on meeeee," cried betty. Her tears dropped onto the footpath. "Betty, that's horrible," I replied. I couldn't believe my ears. Jughead? Cheating on my Betty?! I was so mad. I stormed through the huge double doors and right up to Jughead's locker, where he was standing. "Where are you going?" I heard Betty say from where I used to be standing. "To get revenge." Jughead looked terrified when I came up to him. He was standing with Archie. "What's up Ronnie?" asked Archie, confusedly. "Jughead cheated on Betty." I said. "Is this true Jughead?" Archie questioned. "Is what she's saying true?" Archie took a step away from Jughead as he said that. "No, never," Jughead said, sounding guilty. "Then how come my girl, Betty is standing out there bawling her eyes out, telling me that you cheated on her?" I asked with a strong tone even though, honestly, I really wanted to cry. "It was Toni," Jughead blurted out. "She sent a text to Betty saying that I kissed her." I was so confused. "You mean that new girl from English class?" Archie asked while scratching his neck nervously. "Yeah, she's a serpent, so she super sneaky," I joked. Before anyone could reply, Betty walked up to us, tears still on her face and I took a step to the side, so that Jughead could explain to Betty that Toni lied and how he would never betray her. The bell rang and Betty leaned toward jughead and whispered something into his ear and kissed him. They were so cute and I was so glad that Jughead hadn't cheated on Betty.

The rest of the day Archie was acting really weird. He kept saying random things at random times and going to the bathroom every hour. By the end of the day, I was exhausted. I went with Betty into the girls bathrooms and talked about how crazy the day had been. We walked into the bathroom and what I saw I would never forget. It was Archie lip-locked with the serpent, Toni. I burst into tears. Archie broke off from Toni's lips and said, like all other guys who cheat on their girlfriends, "I can explain..." "Don't even bother!" I shouted. I stormed out of the bathroom and Betty followed close behind.

When I got home I screamed as loudly as I could into my pillow and my mother came running into my room. "Stop yelling, Veronica, you're father's in a meeting." "Sorry, mother," i said with tears running down my face. Then my mum whipped her head around and sat down on my bed. "Are you hurt?" she asked, "did someone say something to hurt your feelings, Mija?" "I-i-it was Archie!" I sobbed. "What has he done?" my mother asked, actually sounding concerned. It was a change, she normally wouldn't even bother caring about my feelings, only her own. "He cheated on my," i finally said. "Are you kidding me?" she asked angrily. "No," I replied firmly. My mother then stood up and left the room slamming the door behind her. "I tried going after her but she had already left, leaving the front door wide open.

Well, Diary, I'll tell you more later, but for now,
Toodles, V xoxo