Chapter One

Week One

Week One

You blew out a breath of nervousness and lifted a hand to push a strand of hair out of your face. You wished the wind would stop whipping it around so you could at least look somewhat decent for your meeting with your new team; they'd probably think you were insane with the way your previously well-kept hair was now sticking up in random places. But there was not much more you could do at this point, so your team would just have to deal with your tousled appearance.

Though, they technically weren't your team, they were more of your half-team? It was a complicated situation you were in. Due to the uneven amount of students in your graduating class, you were singled out as the 'extra student' and was put in some program that allowed you to interact and be apart of all the teams alternatively. How this worked is something you were still figuring out with the Hokage, but you both decided that, at least for now, it would be fair to let each team have one week with you—Team Seven first, then Team Eight, and then Team Ten respectively. Even you still had trouble understanding how this would turn out, but only time would tell.

Pushing those thoughts from your mind, you let out another shuddering breath before putting on a somewhat confident façade and sauntering into the training ground you were told to go to. It was early, really early, like the rooster-hasn't-even-cock-a-doodle-do'd-yet early. And yet you weren't that tired. In fact, you'd probably be exhausted right now if your body would stop jittering and realize that it hasn't gotten any sleep in more than twenty-four hours, which you most definitely would regret in about thirty minutes. You just seriously hoped your new team wouldn't notice the dark circles underneath your eyes.

Finally making it out beyond the tree line, you spotted a group of three people huddled quite close together in the middle of the field. Two were sitting down while one was standing, his arms crossed and head down. The dim lighting offered a vague outline of his figure which clearly accentuated his strange spiky hair that could only belong to Sasuke. And even from here, you could hear Naruto's loud, irritating voice which, if any louder, could probably wake up the whole entire village. And Sakura was absolutely no better; she was just as loud as he was and they seemed to be bickering over something uninteresting.

You let out a sigh of relief. This was Team Seven and you knew them all from the Academy, thankfully. You were afraid they were going to be a team of older, more experienced ninja than yourself, but you could rest assured knowing that Sakura was here. Putting on a bright smile, you approached the three familiar faces and watched as the sound of your footsteps caught their attention, their heads snapping towards you so fast that even you could feel the whiplash.

"Hi guys." You greeted, offering a small wave as you watched their jaws drop to the ground. Well, maybe not Sasuke's, but you get the idea.

"[Name]-chan! You're our new member?!" Naruto exclaimed in utter surprise, a ghost of a blush dusting his whispered cheeks. You grinned and nodded.

Sakura squealed and rushed up to you, hooking her arms around one of your own and practically attaching herself to you. You let out a surprised grunt as she squeezed your arm tightly, looking up at you with her sparkling jade green eyes. Seemingly overjoyed, she let a bright, dazzling smile spread across her lips. "Another girl on our team, yeah!"

Sasuke seemed so unbothered that it almost made you uncomfortable, but the nod of acknowledgement he threw your way made you feel like less of a nuisance. Turning your attention back to Sakura, who was still hanging off of your arm, you gently pried her away from you and took a step back to look at all three of them at once. Naruto bounded over to you excitedly and grabbed your arm, pulling you down onto the cold, dew covered grass with him.

You landed on your behind roughly and you glared at Naruto for a second. He only smiled sheepishly.

There was a few moments of silence before Sakura broke it. "So [Name], tell us about yourself." You pursed your lips, making a face at the demand. Upon discovering who Team Seven was, you came to realize that you actually didn't know any of them very well; you were a transfer student and hadn't been in Iruka's class long enough to form proper bonds with the other kids—well, maybe except for Hinata, who was so shy that it was easy to make friends with her since she didn't talk much, only listened.

"Uh, what do you want to know..?" You questioned unsurely, eyeing the duo. They seemed excited to have a new member on the team even though you weren't going to be working with them full-time. It was endearing in a way.

Naruto grinned. "What's your favorite ramen?" You smiled at his question, searching your memories for the last time you ate ramen.

"I'd have to say miso ramen is my favorite," you decided after a moment. "with extra pork and narutomaki." You added. Naruto almost fell over at your confession. That was exactly what he liked and he ordered it every time he went to Ichiraku's Ramen! Did he just stumble upon a gem? You were obviously a ramen connoisseur like him if you had such exquisite taste!

Naruto was pulled from his trance by a slap on the back of the head from Sakura, who looked irked as usual. "Naruto! Don't ask her something so tasteless, baka!" She scolded, her green eyes squinting at him angrily before she turned to you, who held a confused look on your face at her violence.

The pinkette took a seat next to Naruto in front of you and asked excitedly, "Do you like anyone?" You reeled back at the straightforward question. Sakura did seem a bit more concerned with boys—Sasuke—than most girls—yourself—so you supposed that it was only natural.

Naruto's blue eyes glowed a bit in the minimal darkness, peering curiously at you with a bashful look. The question even seemed to catch Sasuke's attention, who stood a little further away from the group now but was eyeing Sakura, and Naruto huddling around you. Their scrutinizing gazes made you feel a bit nervous and you were rendered speechless for a few moments before actually thinking of an answer.

"Uh, n-not at the moment.." you trailed off, averting your gaze elsewhere while your cheeks burned red. And it was true; there was no one who came to mind when you thought of a romantic interest. You were much too focused on your training to think of anything else, especially trivial things like crushes.

Naruto deflated a bit at your response while you could have sworn you heard a small 'hn' from Sasuke. He turned his head away, acting as if he never cared in the first place. The morning air became stagnant with awkwardness, leaving the four of you to sit in silence. You began to wonder where their sensei was at because he was the one who came up with the time for this meeting, after all, and had yet to show up.

No one talked for a while so you took it upon yourself to take your bag off and lay your weary head against it. You didn't know how long you waited before you dozed off, but you couldn't keep your eyes open any longer as you drifted off into a dreamless sleep in the wake of your new team members.

A/N: Should I continue this? :D