Seven: Hold onto me

He returns to school the next week.

He refuses to leave Isaac's side, the werewolf heading to and from school in the front seat of the Jeep. Stiles is glad he can talk and get a response. The car rides have been quiet for too long. He hasn't told Isaac about not being able to read, he hasn't really told Isaac anything.

He knows Isaac is aware something was wrong, he's sure Derek has something to do with it, but he can't find it in him to complain. It's been too long since he's had a friend; Scott had abandoned that duty a long time ago.

The other Pack members are cautious around him but he keeps up his smiles and they relax. Stiles is fine, honest, he's just been sick, that's why he hasn't been at school. The flinch is easy to cover, he was tired and it was Peter Hale. Stiles doesn't personally have a grudge against the older werewolf anymore but the others do.

Everyone accepts his excuses and move on.

He's in English when things go wrong. He wouldn't have noticed, wouldn't have looked up were it not for the sudden silence. People are around him, talking, laughing; he hears nothing. That's when he sees her, sitting at a desk, reading a book like nothing was wrong. Her blue shirt is purple where the blood has stained the fabric.

"I see you, Stiles," Allison says without turning around. He trembles, fear rolling off him in waves. It's back. He's freezing, his head throbbing, because it's back in his head and everything is wrong and-

"Mr Stilinski!" Mr Doonan thunders. "This is not the class for daydreaming!"

He bows his head. "Sorry sir," he says meekly. "I'm feeling really dizzy."

"Go to the nurse," the teacher says dismissively.

"Can I take Isaac with me?"

"Mr Lahey may accompany you."

Isaac is out of his seat instantly, picking up their bags and supporting Stiles out of the classroom. Stiles feels unbalanced, stumbling down the halls until they get outside and Isaac helps him into the passenger side. The young werewolf tugs out his phone and dials in a panic.

"Derek!" He cries as Stiles shakes in the seat. "Fuck! Derek, Stiles needs help!"

"D-Don't," Stiles rasps, his eyes rolling back.

"He's panicking," Isaac babbles. "Usually I can bring him out of it, Derek, but he's just trembling and he's really, really pale!"

After a moment, Isaac throws his phone behind him and starts the Jeep with the keys he'd swiped from the other boy's pocket. They tear down the road, Isaac's heavy breathing setting Stiles on edge.

"Ch-Chill," he manages. "We can't both be panicking."

Isaac rolls his eyes. "Fucking idiot," he mutters, but some of the worry is gone off his face.

It doesn't take long for them to reach wherever it is that Isaac takes him. As Stiles practically falls out of the car, he realises he's at Derek's loft and instantly tries to tuck away the fear and focus but the more he tries, the more his heart rate picks up and soon he's dizzy and his vision is tinting black at the edges.

"Isaac!" Derek's outside already, meeting them halfway and helping his Beta with the almost unconscious teenager. "Get him inside."

Between the two of them, they manage to get Stiles inside, his lanky body shaking as his harsh breathing fills the otherwise quiet air. They set him down on the couch and he curls up, holding onto his head because he needs to get it out, get it out, get it out.

"Hey," Isaac soothes as Stiles starts sobbing. Both werewolves can sense the fear and horror surfacing with the boy. "Stiles, hey. It's okay."

Stiles gives him one look and then his eyes roll back and he passes out.

"Shit," Derek growls. "Isaac, explanation, now."

Isaac lets out a breath, sliding down the wall. "I don't even know what happened," he confesses. "We were in English and Stiles seemed to see something. I don't know what, it was an empty desk he was looking at, and he went really pale and he was panicking and Mr Doonan was yelling at him for ages. He didn't seem to hear him and then he snapped back and he was pale and shaking and we managed to get out of there. He just kept shaking."

"Alright," Derek says. "Alright."