Sixteen: Run away with me

I'm so sorry for the glitch! Wattpad messed up my publishing and split my chapters!

PART TWO: RENEGADES

"And suddenly I found myself shying away from everything I claimed to love."

"We've discovered what the coven's after," Derek announces that night. Stiles had been dragged along against his will by Isaac; the younger werewolf was stupidly good at puppy dog eyes.

"Does it explain why Markis wasn't at school today?" Scott asks. "Because his absence set us all on edge. I asked the receptionist under the pretence that I was his friend and he had my school books and she said that his Aunt had called in about a family problem."

Derek frowns. "That's troublesome."

"No shit," Stiles says dryly. "You gonna say what they want or do we have to resort to charades?"

"There's a ritual the Deaton found," Derek begins and Stiles groans. "Shut up, Stiles. There's a ritual that can only be performed by certain covens. They need ingredients, special powers-"

"Wait no, let me guess. The Cleyer coven can perform this ritual," Stiles says.

Derek's eyes narrow dangerously but Stiles doesn't seem phased. "To cut it short yes."

"What does this ritual do?" Scott cuts in.

The atmosphere sharpens, a subtle but noticeable shift in mood. "They can harness the raw power of a Spark," Derek says slowly and everyone's gaze drifts towards Stiles.

He throws his hands up. "I am not some Spark!" He insists. "I promise. I've been possessed but I'm not magical."

You're faster, more focused but on all the wrong things. He doesn't want to acknowledge the fact that Markis's words are starting to make sense. He can feel Allison leering at him from behind his seat and something takes a claw against the innermost shield in his mind. He trembles.

Isaac notices. Of course he does. He doesn't say anything as he watches Stiles count his fingers, taking a shaky breath when he realises it isn't a dream. In fact, Isaac thinks Stiles is disappointed it isn't a dream and he wonders why his friend would want to wish away his life like that.

Then he remembers that the Nogitsune had forced Stiles through that.

It alarms the werewolf, knowing that the demon that had killed Allison could return. As much as he hates himself for it, a small part of him clung to the fact that Stiles killed her, willingly or no. He despises that small part of himself.

"Isaac?"

So Stiles had noticed the attention. Isaac shifts uncomfortably, suddenly hyper aware of everyone eyes on him.

"Are you gonna become the Nogitsune again?" He blurts.

The fear in his voice is a dagger to the chest for Stiles. The teenage boy feels something recoil in his body just at the mere sound of its name and he finds it very hard to breathe. His chest is tight, his eyes are blurry and oh god is he going to die, is he going to kill someone he doesn't wanna be possessed oh god he doesn't wanna be it again please-

Strong arms hold him steady and a rough voice orders him to breathe. He tries to follow it, he really does, but he's in such a blind panic that he can't he just can't and he knows it's pathetic but he can't do anything because he is pathetic and he's a murderer and how can someone stand to touch him with all the blood on his hands?

There's clamour around him and he straightens out like a plank and just lays there and he waits for everything to go dark but it doesn't and it's the worst thing he's ever experienced. He can feel his breathing slow, not of his own accord, and he knows that it's not the Nogitsune.

He doesn't have time to be relieved because this is much worse.

"I wanna go home." His voice is scratchy and hollow and so obviously not his that he
screams but it just echoes back at him in his head. His body moves haltingly, a puppet. It's not him,

It's not him.

They walk his body out the door and then he can't remember.

He just remembers looking down at a dead body, the knife in his hand.

He stands there and he stares until someone calls the cops and the Sheriff of Beacon Hills arrests his own son for murder.