Chapter 16

REWRITTEN

*SLIGHT MATURE CONTENT*

CLOVER

Days flew by like the wind; weeks felt like a tornado. The chilly November air hit just right, December right around the corner. The breeze brushed my arms as it waved out the window, turning to give him a little glance. He caught it, those catastrophic eyes to die for, sinking me deeper into our little love hole.

For three weeks, we spent it cooped up in each other. Every night, he stayed with me, the nightmares chipping away. The three big words not mentioned again, but I felt him breathe them whenever we lay cuddled together. And I wanted to whisper them to him in the middle of the night, but love cannot be timed. We'd gone through plenty in a short time, so we deserved the words. He loved me too with the little acts: he kissed and hugged me whenever he had the chance; he smiled when I was near, and God, the way he looked at me... indescribable! Even at school, he'd try to hold my hand, but I never let him. There were enough rumours around us.

Logan chuckled, shrugging those broad shoulders. "Why are you smiling at me like that?"

This morning was a miracle. For once, since I'd known him, he was dressed in a white shirt. Well, except for the collar that was black.

I attempted to laugh it off, but it sounded like a dying whale instead. "Did you run out of black shirts?"

A blush emerged. "I didn't run out of them. I wanted a change for a day. I wanted to see if you would notice."

The butterflies returned in full force. "Well, that's really sweet of you."

"How about you wear something for me? Maybe a really short dress or a skirt? Or even better: how about tiny shorts," he suggested with a naughty smile.

I decided to play along. "Okay, I will. How about tomorrow? It will be awesome. I can show off my legs to all the horny guys at school."

A very stupid joke.

Suddenly, the seat belt dug into my ribs, us both flying forward.

"Logan, you asshole! Are you crazy?"

"Are you?"

"I don't quite understand –"

"You're scared I'm going to cheat on you, but how about you look at what you're doing."

For fuck's sake, he'd taken my joke seriously.

"Geez, Logan, I was just joking."

When he stayed mute, I checked the time: ten minutes to eight. He'd stopped in the parking lot of the school. The car door wouldn't give. "Logan, open the goddamn door."

I did not want to deal with him and his jealousy.

"Look, I'm sorry about the joke. It was stupid. Can we just forget about it?" Something I disliked about him: his goddamn jealousy and possessiveness. "Logan, open the fucking door right now, before I –"

"No!"

Damn him and his mood changes.

"Okay, fine, then I'll do it myself." I unbuckled my seat belt and scooted to the edge of the seat. The windows were tinted so if people walked past, they wouldn't get wrong ideas. The parking lot lay bare. Logan wouldn't risk anyone seeing us. I leaned towards the door.

"What the fuck are you doing?" he asked because I was almost touching him. His chest vibrated with anger. I almost got to the button, but all too soon, my body was pushed down on his lap.

His palm rested on my lower back, making sure I wouldn't get anywhere. I attempted to pull myself up, but he pushed down every time. "Let me go."

It was when I started squirming to get out of his hold that I heard a moan. It came from him. My head whipped back to look at him to find his eyes closed and his breathing erratic. The realization hit like a million bucks: my stomach had been pressed against his crotch all this time.