Tensai Kanchigai Chapter 10

I do not guarantee 100% translation accuracy in any way, do correct me if I made mistakes.

Please Enjoy!

Chapter 10: Workplace Field Trip

—Arakawa Shūichi's Perspective—

Tatan! Tatatan! papapapapa.......

I heard the sounds of gunshots from within the command vehicle, lit by the dim red light of the gunfire.

It seems that the facilities will be completely put under control soon.

I pull out a cigarette from the pocket of my combat uniform and light it.

「fuuu.....」

Watching the smoke float upwards, I thought about the reason I came here today.

The main cause and origin is the 『Arakawa Treaty』which came into effect January of this year.

This treaty declared that all countries of the world must leave 『Arakawa Kouki』alone and allow him to freely live his life, and give each country time to devise methods of incorporating him into their nation.

Whether their intentions are just or not.....

Miki happily accepted this outcome but I wasn't exactly thrilled by it.

As expected, there were various insurrectional parties that were opposed to the treaty and wanted to exercise force against Kouki.

「They won't lay a single finger on Kouki!」

I said loudly, crushing the cigarette filter.

Right now the group that we are suppressing is the largest group among the insurgents, A religious cult organization who declared Kouki as a 『Demon Child』want to take custody of him and they seem to be getting funding from somewhere.

Someone from their organization seems to have a mole in the government who is leaking information on Kouki.

I should crush something like this pretty quickly without much worry.....

Maybe I can increase the time I can spend at home?

While thinking that, one of my subordinates entered the command vehicle.

「Reporting! Currently, party A is seizing the entirety of the building. C and D are both moving to clean up the stragglers」

Eris made her report.

Fumu....

As expected it seems to be going well. but, what about party B?

「Eris, what is the party B's situation?」

When I asked that, Eris began manipulating the information terminal on her arm.

Then she turned her eyes to me with an astonished voice.

「My name is Claire,  I'm Eris' twin sister」

She said. A delicate atmosphere floated about the command vehicle in which no one could say anything.

I see, this is Claire huh.

I guess i'll remember by how Claire was the one who held Kouki as a baby, and Eris wasn't.

「So Claire, what is the current position of party B?」

「party B is currently searching the underground passages found in the building. They have been slowly proceeding while disarming any traps and mines they come across」

Party B's commanding officer should be Louise....

If it's him/her, they should be fine, but I have a bad feeling. Should I send backup? (Fraiziar: Gender unspecified, and he used a name that can be male or female! Dammit author!) (Fraiziar: Thanks to RezaStillAlive for clearing up this confusion)