Tensai Kanchigai Chapter 11

Enjoy!

Chapter 11: Alice-chan's Research

—-Arakawa Kouki's Perspective—-

「What should I do for a research subject.....」(Alice)

Some time after having almost getting blown away by a ballistic missile, The three of us were, as usual, eating in the academy cafeteria when Alice-chan said that sighing.

「I've decided」(Saitou)

Saitou-kun who was greedily devouring his donburi bowl attempted to reply to Alice-chan,but it was in vain.(Fraiziar: She wasn't listening I think)

Now that you mention it, the other day sensei mentioned something about how each person will perform a study and report on it regularly.

It's got nothing to do with me though...

I wanted to try researching the new metals I saw back at the research facility, but I don't have access to the funding or facilities like they do.

In the first place, when I consulted the academy director about the matter of the studies, she said with a frantic expression 『That's unnecessary!』.

But anyways, Alice-chan's research huh..?

「You are good with pharmaceutics right? So why not do that?」(Kouki)

When I said that, for some reason she started staring at me with a *Jiiiーー*.

Wait, no, if you stare at me like that I'll start feeling weird. For now I'll just avert my eyes since I'm unsure what to do.

「Would you help me?」(Alice)

How could I say no when you're looking at me with those puppy dog eyes!?Alright, I'll help you, and Saitou-kun will also help with all his strength too.

Hearing me say that, Alice-chan happily filled in the research subject field on my printout.

Well, for some reason Saitou-kun is trembling with teary eyes muttering 『My research time....』. He's trembling but I'm sure he's happy to be of help to Alice-chan.

Even though the space beneath your nose is lengthening, It's my pleasure. (Fraiziar: Apparently, this phrase "the space beneath your nose is lengthening" (鼻の下を伸ばす) is a Japanese idiom that means "you're obviously thinking about sex/ecchi things")

「For now, I guess I'll take a look at improving things like antibiotics」(Alice)

Hmm, Improving what we already have huh....If it's that then I should be able to do something like that surprisingly easily.

But how would we test its effectiveness?

Even if mother somehow were to conveniently come down with a summer cold, there's no way I could afford to inject such a new drug into her body! If Saitou-kun is by my side and you ask nicely, I would be willing to become a test subject but...

you couldn't be thinking of testing it on yourself!? If so, then I strongly disagree.

I asked her about my concerns.

「What about test subjects? Would Saitou-kun be unreasonable?」(Kouki)

「Fuhi! wh-why did it end up being ME doing it?... but if it's for Alice-chan's sake I'll do my best!」(Saitou)

Alice-chan went 『ah...』, stiffening up.

Saitou-kun, I don't think it's right for you to risk your life for a Good Impression Point-Up you know!