Chapter 1 - Leaving

"Princess (y/n)! Princess Iris! Hurry down, you have to leave soon," you heard a servant, Lucas, call you and your sister down. You quickly finished packing your cases and dragging them down the long, dark oak staircase, Iris trudging down behind you.

"Why do we have to leave again?" Iris complained, despite being three years younger than you you normally got on rather well with her, you even used to be very close when you were younger, well, that was before your father had passed away.

"Because the queen has requested you to go stay with your uncle in Arendelle, as its not safe for you to stay here," Lucas explained grabbing one of Iris's bags and hauling it to our ship.

You had remember a war broke out a few weeks ago between your allies kingdom and being their ally your mother had decided joining them in war was the only way. But why had it broke out in the first place? You were certain your mother had told you before you just couldn't remember why.

"Remember to be on your best behavior, do as your uncle Felix says, and (y/n) keep an eye on your sister, okay?" your mother warned moments before you were due to part ways.

"Okay, mother. We promise," Iris said, her eyes tearing up a little. We both knew this could potentially be the last time we ever see our mother again. You escorted yourself toward your mother and embraced her. Iris following behind.

"Do we really have to go?" you asked as a tear fell from your (e/c) eye and onto your cheek.

"Its for the best, you'll both be safer in Arendelle. Trust me, you'll be fine with your uncle," your mother explained hugging you both back.

"All aboard!"  you heard the captain of your ship yell.

"On you go, remember be on your best behavior," your mother called as she watched you and your sister walk up to the boat and got on. You nodded to your mother and sighed.

As you watched your kingdom grow further into the distance you realized, not only that could've been the last time seeing your mother but also the last time seeing your kingdom alive.