Chapter 20

"Can we talk?"

"Umm.." Janet hesitated on answering the question. "It's really not a good time, we perform in thirty minutes." She said, not giving Pac full eye contact. "Jay, at least hear me out" Janet opens up her dressing room and let him in.

Pac let out a big sigh before speaking, "Umm..I️ don't even know where to start, but I️ do know that I️ want to apologize to you because I️ hurt you in many ways than just one and I'm sorry Jay, I'm sorry."

"I️-I️-I️ just want to know why, why Pac? Why did you have to hu-hurt me." She bawled, sitting down on the sofa. Pac walked toward to comfort her. "Baby, I'm sorry. I️ fucked up and cheated and I️ hurt you."

"But why Pac, I️ loved and trusted you. And for you to just.. I️ can't do.." Janet mumbled, trying to walk out

Pac grabs her hand"Jay, I️ can't leave you hating me." Janet turns back to Pac, "I️ don't hate you Pac, I'm just hurt by you. I'm hurt that you cheated, I'm hurt that I️ had to find out on television through you being charge with rape and sexual assault, instead of you being a man and telling me."

"Jay, I️ was scared."

"Of what?" She questioned, slightly raising her voice "I️ was scared that I'll commit to you and only hurt you like everyone else in your past. I️ didn't won't to be a Rene or a James to you, I️ wanted to be everything to you. Your lover, your friend, I️ wanted to be all of that for you. And because I️ was scared, I️ let temptation get the best of me and I️ cheated and now that same girl has a charge put against me."

Janet went to mirror and grabbed a tissue to wipe away her tears. "Pac, I️ know you didn't rape that girl. I️ might be hurt, but I️ know you and you wouldn't do that." Pac reached for her hand and interlocked their together "Thank you." He whispered as let out a half smile.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "15 minutes Ms. Jackson."

"Guess that's your cue, y'know to perform for all those fans out there tonight." He stuffing his pockets.

"Yeah, kinda nervous. This is opening night of the tour."

"Jay, you gonna kill the stage. You always do." He smiled "Come here." He said, with his hands out and longing for an embrace. The embrace between them was something that they both needed, love and comfort. They embraced for what felt like 5 minutes, until Pac broke the embrace. "I'm gonna go" He mumbled out while he rubbed his face. "You not gonna stay and watch the show?" Janet questioned. "Pac..." She said, beginning to get slightly irritated "Stop acting extra and just stay and watch the show." Jay told him, as she opened the door to walk out, with Pac following behind her. "Oh, I'm being extra." Pac chuckled out. "Yes you are." Jay responded back.

"Eight minutes everybody." Tina yelled out to everybody. Janet and Pac walked on the dancers stretching and prepping for the show. "Well, it's about time Jay, can't have a show without the star." Tina joked. "My bad, I️ was preoccupied for a little bit." Janet explained, while looking at Pac. "Aye now Jay, don't look at me." Pac babbled, "Tina, she is all yours." Pac stated in a jokingly way. "Thank you Pac!" Tina chuckled, "We'll be by the backstage curtain" Tina informed Janet, walking back to the dancers. "Okay. I'm coming." Janet responded

"Guess I️ need to be finding a quick seat." Pac spoke. "You do." Janet smirked. "C'mere." Pac flirted, leaning in to give Jay a kiss. They shared a quick, imitate kiss that left them both satisfied but wanting more. "Good luck Jay."
~
The instrumental of 'If' started playing and all of a sudden goes bright lights flashing before your eyes. Dancers come out of unto the stage in flannel gear dancing to the music. "Are you ready?" Janet seductively asks the crowd "Because I am." Immediately, following her statement, she jumps on the stage