Chapter 7

Tre

      It had been weeks since I'd stop fuckin wit Cash's dog ass and I was slowly gettin used to it, ya I missed his ass crazy but I'm not fuckin wit that nigga I was tired of puttin my feelins aside plus this new nigga had me on a natural high. I felt bad about keepin him a secret from everybody, especially my girl.. It wasn't purposely but he was kinda known and I just wanted to enjoy him wit no objections or bad news.

   Camry was helpin me get my make up line started and I was workin on gettin myself together my new man put up the majority of my funds to do so. And I hadn't even let him see the kitty, so I was proud of myself. I know  its not a big deal to most bitches but I was raised to used what I got to get what I want so it felt good to finally try somethin different for a change.

     I just never had a normal upbringing in life. I witnessed so much at a young age due to my moma's life style. She never sugar coated shit wit her kids, she talked to us as if we were her workers not her kids. Whatever we did always paid out in the end. I always knew the shit she was teachin us was wrong and not motherly at all.

     My moma didn't work a day of my life but the bills were always paid, we were always dressed decent all seven of us. She always told us, nothin in life is free if anybody do anythang for ya betta believe you owe them even if they don't say it.

    She never stopped us from datin or leavin the house, she made it clear that if you left broke wit a man there ain't no reason to come back broke. I had to learn the hard way. My older brother Marley stayed in jail the majority of my life before he left her was the bread winner in the family. After he went away I was seven years old when he first started gettin in trouble with the police. Marley was fourteen at the time. After that he was in and out the juvie. And it became harder and harder until my moma started meetin these creepy ass men.

   I'll never forget the day I turned eleven. Moma went all out for me getting my hair done buyin me a new dress. I even had a few friends over.

     Later that night moma and one of her friends came into my room I shared wit two of my little sisters they were asleep, moma pulled me out of bed and her and her friend were havin words and I didn't understand what was goin on I just smiled like she told me to do every time he came over. "Bethel, she barely old enough, she probably can't even clean herself up right," he smacked his lips. I stood there smilin like I was told to do. She smiled while rubbin his arm," I know that Kyle, she'll be ready soon ain't she pretty though," my moma asked him. He looked at me for a long time, walkin around me lookin me up and down. I became uncomfortable as well as scared. I knew somethin wasn't right, my stomach was hittin flips and I was trembling on the inside. My moma dismissed me to my room, I laid in bed starin at the ceilin wonderin what moma and Mr. Kyle was talkin about.

   Mr. Kyle came to see me every year for my birthday up until I was thirteen... The night of my thirteenth birthday changed me for life, and was the reason I hated my moma.

Flashback

      That night moma took me and Mr. Kyle to her bedroom. She pulled me aside and began talking," remember I told you, you would have to grow up soon?" I nodded my head yes not openin my mouth. "Well tonight is the night, remember I said nothin in life is free? I need you to help moma take care of you, your sisters, and brothers.." I already knew what she meant. I had known for years my older sister Shantae had warned me. I didn't believe her and said that moma loved us that she was lyin.

       Moma had left the room lockin it from the outside. I swallowed the lump that was formin in my throat as Mr. Kyle sat on her bed motionin for me to come closer.