1.2: Wendigo

Lost Creek, Colorado

Mary Jane was looking at some of the wreckage for the campsite when she heard a yell for help in the woods, which caused everyone to stand up. Another yell rushed everyone into a frenzy as they all stood up and started to run to the sounds of the voice.

Mary Jane put herself at the front, making sure the boys stayed behind her as she leaped over a log expertly and continued after the voice. The group got to a small section when the yells suddenly stopped.

"Somethings wrong," Mary Jane thought as she got a weird feeling in the back of her neck.

"It seemed like it was coming from around here, didn't it?" Hailey asked, but Mary Jane ignored her as her eyes darted around the dense forest.

Sam seemed to have been getting the same odd feeling. "Everybody back to camp."

The crew started to job back through the woods to the crappy campsite, only to see that all their packs were gone.

"Our packs!" Hailey exclaimed.

"Someone stole my GPS and my satellite phone," Roy said sadly.

Mary Jane patted Roy on the back. "Don't worry, I have a whole map of the place memorized. I'm like a walking GSB."

"GPS," Roy gave her a strange look.

"Whatever," Mary Jane shrugged.

"What the hell's going on?" Hailey asked, officially getting freaked out.

"It's smart. It wants to cut us off, so we can't call for help," Sam said.

"You mean someone. Some nutjob out there just stole all our gear," Roy said.

Sam walks up to Dean and Mary Jane. "I need to speak with you two. In private."

The trio of hunters walk off a little ways from the campsite, so the civilians won't hear their ghost stories.

"Let me see Dad's journal," Sam asks Dean, who gives it to him.

Sam flips to a page. "Alright, check that out."

"Wendigo's are in the Minnesota Woods or Northern Michigan. I've never even heard of one this far away," Dean argued.

"Think about it, Dean. The claws, the way it can mimic a human voice," Sam said.

Mary Jane's eyes scanned over the page. "It would make sense. They're smart, fast. The elite hunters," Mary Jane let out a laugh. "Ironic, yeah? And it's not as crazy as you would think. They like the cold and if they travel up through Canada and around, say hunting a pack of something, they could easily make it to here."

"Great," Dean said as he wiggled his gun. "So this is useless."

Sam thrust the book into Dean's chest and walked away, insisting, "We have to get these people to safety."

Dean looked like he was trying to keep in some anger and Mary Jane patted his shoulder in a form of comfort before following the younger Winchester back into the camp.

"Alright listen up, it's time to go. Things have gotten . . . more complicated," Sam ordered.

"What?" Hailey demanded.

"Kid, don't worry," Roy tried to assure him. "Whatever's out there, I think I can handle it."

"It's not me I'm worried about. If you shoot this thing, you'll only make it mad," Sam said. "We have to leave. Now."

"One: You're talking nonsense and two: you are in no position to give anyone orders," Roy snapped.

Mary Jane sent Roy a glare. Getting the Winchester boys out of the woods would be the best bet to keep them safe. There wasn't a lot that Mary Jane could do against a Wendigo. It's like if a puppy went up against a sumo wrestler. And that puppy was a demon with big teeth and the sumo wrestler was a fast, ultra hunter that likes to rip things apart.