₄ . guess what?

May 28th, 1985

The losers club all sat at their lunch table, throwing jokes around and making fun of each other as per usual. "H-hey g-guys, I have some big news," said Bill as he sat down at the table. Nobody heard him, they were all looking at Richie tickling Eddie and laughing.

"Guys, Bill has some big news apparently," said Stan. They all turned their head to look at Bill, who looked overly excited.

"Guess what," he said, smiling.

"BEV'S COMING BACK IN 2 WEEKS," said Richie.

"I have a s-sister that I never knew about and she's coming to Derry in two weeks."

"What?" asked Eddie and Stan at once.

"Yeah. S-she lives in In-indiana and her name is El H-hopper. She's coming to Derry all summer and she's going to c-come with a few friends too."

"That's so cool, I can't wait to meet her," said Mike.

"I hope she's hot," says Richie. His boyfriend slapped him in the shoulder.

"Richie you're fucking gay," said Eddie.

"Only for you honey bunches."

"Shut the fuck up Richie," said Eddie. "You know how I have a half brother who's my age that I've never met."

"Y-yeah?" said Bill.

"He lives in Indiana too," said Eddie.

"What's his name?"

"Dustin Henderson."

"Why am I just hearing about this?" asked Stan.

"Because if I'm being honest I don't really care. My dad left both of our families when we were young, and I think he's why my mom is all messed up. His family might be all fucked up too and I don't want to deal with that shit."

"Huh," said Richie. "What if El Hopper knows Dustin Henderson," he joked.

"Yeah, I-i doubt that," said Bill. "But I have all summer to get to know her, and maybe her f-friends if that's cool. All I really know about them is that there are six of them, only one other girl, and she has a-a boyfriend named Mike."

Everyone looked at Mike. "Well that might be kind of annoying," said Mike.

"You guys better not look alike," said Richie, referring to the two mikes.

"Now I hope they all look just like you," said Eddie. He really knows how to piss off his boyfriend. Bill, Mike, and Stan were now ignoring them at this point and just eating their lunch.

"Nobody could ever come close to this hotness," said Richie, gesturing at his face.

Eddie reached for his face and took off his glasses. "See, now you're hot. I'm telling you Richie you should get contacts. It could take you from a 9.5 to a solid 11."

"Yeah right," said Richie. "give me my glasses back."

"No."

They started fighting each other and wrestling over the glasses. Richie plummeted his lips into Eddie's to temporarily distract him and grabbed the glasses from his hands while he was distracted. "Works like a charm."

"Get a room," said Stan.

"QUIT SUCKING FACE YOU LITTLE FAGGOTS," yelled a voice from across the room. Gretta. Just what they needed. She was now approaching the table.

"Leave us alone," said Eddie.

"What are you gonna do about it, gay boy," said Gretta, standing over Eddie who was still sitting.

"This," said Richie. He stood up, and was much taller than Gretta since he was now 5'7". He punched her in the face which sent her falling to the floor. Everyone was staring at them.

"Let's get out of here," said Mike, in shock. None of the losers had ever seen Richie lash out like that, but he definitely had the right to do it. They all tossed out their lunches and left the cafeteria.

"I can't wait to escape that this summer," said Stan. "Anyways, how do you have a sister and not know about her?"

"I don't really know, I-i guess that will have to be explained. Maybe she was adopted or something," said Bill, shrugging.

"Have you asked your parents?" asked Mike.

"They got all weird about it. It's- it's like they were hiding something from me."