₁₅ . truth or dare

June 21st, 1985
7:14 pm

Richie ran to his door, cursing at whoever kept repeatedly ringing his doorbell. He opened the door to see Dustin, standing in front of Will, Mike, El, Bill, and max.

"Hey fuckers, come on in!" he said, letting Dustin and the others follow him inside.

"Yeah, nice to see you too," sassed Mike.

They all went into the kitchen, where Eddie and Beverly were already sitting down and eating slices of pizza. There were three warm boxes of pizza that Richie had just ordered, using his mom's money that he stole from her room. Max was already grabbing a slice from the box.

"Is this for us?" asked Bill.

"yes, why else would I have pizza," respond Richie, rolling his eyes.

"Thanks," said el.

"Where are the others," asked Richie.

"I don't know," said Dustin, "I'm pretty sure Lucas is with Mike but that's all I know."

"Stan's on his way, he called a few minutes ago," said Beverly.

"Where are your parents?' asked Max.

"Out of town until Monday," said Richie.

In the next few minutes, everybody, including Stan, had ended up sitting on the lawn in a circle in Richie's back yard eating pizza and drinking Coca Cola out of paper cups.

"So," Eddie spoke, interrupting the silent chewing, "What were you up to last night mike? Because Richie was freaking the fuck out and kept screaming that he was 'wet'."

Richie viciously mouthed at him, "shut up."

Bill, Bev, El, and Mike all gave each other glances as if to ask If they should tell them. Bev nodded, signifying that it was fine if they told them.

"We were swimming at the quarry," said Mike.

"What do you mean by we?" asked Dustin. "And why is this such a secret?"

"Bill and I were at the quarry and Mike and El joined us. And it isn't a secret, we're telling you right now," said Bev.

"Aww so like a double date?" said Stan, semi-mockingly.

"Shut it, curly," responded Bill, without a stutter.

"Seems to me like you guys were doing more than just swimming, based on what I saw this morning," said Max.

"What happened?" asked Mike, not Wheeler, walking into the backyard from the house, followed by Lucas. They were both holding pizza and drinks.

"Where were you guys?" asked max.

"Just hanging out," said Lucas.

"We had lots of catching up to do, I guess," shrugged Mike. The two boys squeezed into the circle.

"Yeah, so what did happen this morning. I saw Mike and El, but I still didn't know the full story," said Lucas. Mike and El were both completely red at this point.