₁₀ . goodnight

June 19th, 1985
10:25 pm

It was way past dark, and the kids hadn't moved from the living room. They had been talking for (god knows how) long and were all getting a little tired. Eddie had explained his theory to Dustin. They had both agreed that they're not sure if they're actually half-brothers, and Dustin would call his mom later to ask about it. But everybody knew that they just had to be.

Beverly and Bill had ended up lying down on the floor and were poking each other every few minutes to playfully annoy one another. Dustin and Mike H were sitting on the floor too, with their backs propped up at the end of either sofa. Will and Stan were still sitting next to each other on the sofa, and were basically in the exact same position with matching posture. Lucas and Max were cuddling on the other end of the couch, after play wrestling each other to find a comfortable position. Richie and Mike W were both on either end of the other couch, and had basically turned into Eddie and El's pillows. Richie was playing with Eddie's hair, and Mike had his arms around El and was fiddling with her hands.

"Hey kids, it's really late I think that you should all go home," said Hopper, peering into the doorway.

Mike W took his arms off of El and looked down at his watch. "Holy shit, guys. It's 10:25."

"We've been talking for 10 hours?" asked Max.

"Oh, well I guess we should all go home," said Stan.

"So, are we going to hang out again tomorrow?" asked Lucas.

"Sure," said Mike H.

"Yeah, we could all show you guys around Derry of you want," offered Bill.

"Sounds good," said Dustin.

"How about we all meet here at nine," said Bill.

"Nine?," asked Richie, "Not happening, I won't be up until at least eleven thirty."

"Fine," said Bill, sighing.

"Noon works, that way we can all sleep in too," said Mike.

"Okay, see you guys then," said Bev. She got up off of the floor and hugged Max, before being followed out by the rest of the Losers, who all biked home together.

The Party was still in the living room, and Dustin was relieved to finally get a spot on the sofa. "Your siblings are all really cool," said Dustin. The others all laughed in agreement.

"Yeah, but I swear I'm gonna slap Richie if he makes one more dick joke," said Mike.

"Don't beat yourself up," said Will.

"You're real funny, Byers," said Mike.

"What does dick mean?" asked El, unaware of their slang. She assumed it meant a penis, but she really wasn't sure. Dustin and Max laughed.

"Mike can explain that one later," said Lucas, winking. Mike gave him the death stare and was now regretting even bringing the word up.

"Okay," said El.

"I think you and Eddie have to be related," said Lucas, poking Dustin.

"Why?" Dustin asked, defensively.

"Because we all are, I think that it just fits that you would."

"Lucas, do we look anything alike?"

"No, but I'm just saying that you don't know your dad anymore and he did cheat on your mom."

"You don't have to remind me."