Chapter Twelve

Pulling up outside of Annika's grandmothers house, you couldn't help but tap your steering wheel nervously. You were about to be alone with a kid and that thought scared you. To make matters worse, it was Camila's niece. If you wanted Camila to love you, you had to get the kid to love you first.

Snapping yourself out of your thoughts, you hear a woman banging on your car window.

Holding your chest in shock, you wind your window down in relief. "Geez lady, don't creep up on a girl like that. Damn."

"Look, I don't know who you are but I sure as hell am not letting you alone with my grandchild."

Frowning, you stare up at the older woman with confused eyes, unsure of what she was saying. Her accent was too think for you to make out any sentence.

"I'm sorry, what?" You reply, staring at her lips to try and make out at least one word.

"I said, her dad is going with you. I don't trust you."

Sighing, you watch as Annika and her father make their way towards your car. "Great." You huff, winding up your window as Camila's mother continues to curse at you in Spanish.

"That girl has no manners!" Sinu exclaims to her son and grand daughter.

"Yeah, she's like that abuela. But she's cool." Annika says through her smiles before sending you a wave.

Smiling awkwardly, you wave back before rolling your eyes.

"Well, have a good time. If you have any trouble, call me." Sinu says, pecking both family members on the cheek before departing.

As Noah and his daughter get into the car, the older guy rolls his eyes at you in which you felt very attacked.

"Why are you giving me that look? I did nothing to you, you hamster." You hiss, waiting for Annika to buckle up before starting the engine of your car.

"Your face just annoys me." Noah replies as he attempts to put his seatbelt on.

Huffing lowly, you start the car and step on the gas pedal. The car then erupts into laughter when Noah's forehead comes in contact with the dashboard.

"What the hell was that for!?" Noah exclaim as he holds his forehead in pain.

"Your face annoys me." You smirk, backing out of the Cabello's drive way, on your way to disneyland.

-

"Are you excited to go to disneyland, Andy?" You ask, glancing to the child in your rear view mirror.

"Her name is Annika." Noah corrects as he stares at you as if you were an idiot.

"Shit." You whisper, turning towards the older guy. "That's what I said."

"Not really," Annika sighs as she looks at you from the back seat. "I like haunted houses-- and werewolves! and Vampires!."

Frowning in confusion, you glance towards the toddler in the back before slamming your foot on the breaks. Luckily you weren't on the freeway or you would have caused a deadly scene.

"Why did we stop?" Noah asks confused, staring at you as you make a U turn.

It was brought upon your attention that; if you wanted to win Camila over, you needed to do whatever it took to earn Annika's trust and loyalty. Even if that was bribing the shit out of her.

"If she wants to go to a haunted house then it looks like we're going to a haunted house, pretty boy." You reply, stepping on the gas.

"You are not taking my daughter to a haunted house-- she's 4!" Noah exclaims, glaring at you as you roll your eyes.

"And your point is?"

"My point is, you're crazy if you think I'm gonna you take her to a haunted house!"

Rolling your eyes a second time, you look back into the rear view before saying, "Is your dad always this boring? Does he not know what fun is?"

"I think he's just a scaredy cat. You're a scardey cat aren't you daddy!" Annika giggles, embarrassing the guy in the passenger seat.

"I am not! You're just too young for that stuff, Annika. We're not going end of story." Noah huffs, putting his foot down as he crosses his arms over his chest to gesture his seriousness.

"I mean, if you're saying she's too young to do something, you're being very hypocritical don't you think?" You taunt. "You were too young have sex yet here we are on our way to a haunted house."

"Shut up." The older Cabello hisses, clenching his jaw in anger.

"Fine, Fine. I'll give you fifty bucks." You offer, knowing he would immediately agree.

".....Ugh fine. If she gets nightmares then I'm blaming you." Noah mumbles through his defeated pout.

"If that gives me an excuse to see Camila-- I mean to make sure I beat up the monsters under her bed then, blame me all you want." You snicker, high five-ing the toddler in the back.

"See, Camila?— Wait. I know what you're doing. Do you really think my sister would go for someone like you?"

The scoff that left Noah's lips, was enough to offend you if his remake hadn't already. Yeah you had your bad moments but he didn't have to be so harsh.

"What the fuck do you mean by, someone like me."

"Oh I don't know, a rude, narcissistic piece of shi— I mean poo." Noah mumbles, trying his best not to use any unnecessary colourful words.

"Hey! I am not any of those things!" You defend, glancing between Noah and the road, making sure he saw your cold glare.

"Yes you are! I bet you couldn't go the whole day without cussing, saying any rude or sarcastic sentence. You're an abomination, Y/n. Admit it."

Huffing in fury, you pull into a haunted amusement park that you had passed a few days ago when you went grocery shopping that one time.

"I'm gonna prove you wrong. Let's make a bet yeah?" You suggest, turning off the engine before facing the intrigues Cuban. "If I can last whole day without cussing, being rude or self centred- even though I'm none of those anyway - then you have to help me get a date with, Camila."

"No way!" Noah exclaims, shaking his head as he averts his eyes from yours.

"You didn't let me finish," You smirk, knowing he wouldn't be able to back out of this deal after what you were about to propose. "If I fail then I owe you 2 grand. Deal?"

"Deal." Noah mumbles almost immediately. "I hate that you're rich. You're morals don't deserve it. You're like the devil in disguise."

"That's cute. But I'm much worse. Shall we go? Satan is waiting for me in there."

__________________________
I'm getting bored of this story, this may be the last chapter for a while.