Chapter 1 - Basic Day with The Mikelsons

Amelia POV

"Hey dad!" I shouted grinning as i ran through the huge gate holding a random red school notebook, entering our huge mansion of a house.

"Hello love" my father Niklaus greeted sitting on a chair with his legs crossed laying over a small brown wooden table reading a book.

"So.. guess what!" I stood in-front of him biting my lip eager to tell him some amazing news, squeezing the book against my chest harder and harder out of excitement.He raises his eyes up to me and slowly puts the book down.

"What darling You caught my attention" he softly smiled putting his legs down and sitting up.

"I learned a cool thing today" i grinned

"And whats that?" My mom hailey patted the back of my head. I turned and smiled at her.

"Sit next to dad and ill show you" i continued grinning as i grabbed her hand and pulled her to sit next to my father. I went back in-front of them and smiled again.

"Oh come on i cant wait anymore" my dad said chuckling.

"Ya what is it Amy?" She smiled confusingly

I set my book down on the table and stood straight.

"Watch this" i smirked as i raised my palm in the air, closed my eyes and concentrated.

"Is it a new type of magic?" My mother asked

"Shh" Father shushed her so i could concentrate.

My head slowly began to hurt but it wasnt horribly bad. I began concentrating harder and harder. Come on come on.

I felt a slow trickle fall down my nose.

"Ok Amelia I think thats enough" my dad blurted

"Wait.. a little more" i whispered continuing to concentrate

I heard him stand up. Then i felt it work.

Opening my eyes i stared at a blueish purple ball of energy hovering over my hand.

Slowly raising my head i looked at my dad and smiled.

"I did it.." i whispered excitingly.

"Ok Amelia thats enough" my dad said sternly with his face full of worry.

Ignoring him i turned my head to the right and looked at my mom grinning.

"Mom can you see this?" I said excitingly.

"I see it honey, its beautiful. But i need you to stop now, ok?" She said slowly walking closer to me.

Why are they worrying so much. Its just a dumb worthless ball of energy. It doesn't even do anything yet.

"Ok.." i let go all concentration and closed my eyes. I opened them once again and it disappeared. But i felt really dizzy this time.

My father caught me halfway falling to the floor. "Amelia. How are you feeling?" He asked me in worry.

I pushed his hand and stood back up tall. "Hahaaha... i slipped! my bad i feel fine!" I nervously laughed throwing my thumbs up.

"You did not slip" my mother said coming close to me pressing her palm against my forhead.

I pushed her arm and smiled. "Mom. I swear I'm fine. So whats for dinner?" I said putting my hands behind my head. Trying to change the subject. I hate it when the my baby me.

Father pulled his sleeve down and Wiped my nose. "Your not fine little one" he brang his sleeve up to my face to show the blood.

"Oh god.." i mumbled smiling nervously

The room slowly turned and i felt nauses but i acted like i was perfectly fine. I want to try and become stronger as a witch in order to help my family in fights and be able to make New Orleans a safe place. My family has been going through so much and its usually because of me.. so the least i could do is train myself to be a good warrior.

My mother wants me no where near the abnormal life. Which makes no sense, its in my blood. She wants me to go to school, college, then have a job and have a normal life. But normal people cant run at the speed of lightening, be able to rip a persons heart out in an instant, drink human blood, cause a massacre... ect. I mean not the i can, but theres a chance that i will be. If i die that is..

My father is sort of on the same level as her, but not fully. He does want me to finish high-school, get straight A's and have a normal life. But he also wants me to be in touch with my powers. Learn how to use my witch powers So it doesn't have to be painful. Yes, for some reason im the only witch in town that goes through immense pain over one stupid easy spell. Let alone the big ones.

The thing about my hybrid and witch "powers" is the fact its not fully unlocked yet. Apparently if i were to die then i would be a Vampire/Wolf AKA a hybrid. But right now I'm a human witch... still living thankfully after many.. many attacks. Once i die and become a hybrid i wont be a witch anymore. Which sucks because i love learning and doing witchy things its awesome.

But it isn't always the most awesomest thing...

Not only do i go through immense pain but theres a whole lot of attacks, which i mentioned above.

Because im the daughter of an original, because im a witch with strong powers, because i could be the next strong hybrid. Many things.. or even people come for me. They either want me dead or on their side... and by on their side i mean they want me to be some sort of slave or weapon.