8.

I'm back!!

Thank you for your lovely messages, I will continue this story even if it's not going to the direction I was hoping it would go.

Xavier's POV

I help Ava change her shirt and throw the old one on the floor.

"I should take you back to your house or something."

"Sure" she replies and takes the bag full of clothes my men had brought for her.

"Let me get that." I try to take the bag from her.

"No, thanks." She says and moves towards the door.

I follow her and open the door, I walk out and she comes alongside me.

"No one is here right now, don't worry."

"Hmm, suspicious."

"What? Why?"
I only told everyone to leave so she wouldn't get scarred that and I didn't want more people to know that I let someone who saw what happened live.

"Who is going to protect you?"

"Protect me? From what?"

"I don't know... Me"

"Why would I need protection from you? I can handle myself" She was acting stupid thinking I would need help in case she attacked me.

"Yeah, I know but again that's not smart. You should have people to watch your back at all times."
Ava said with a weird look on her face.

"Why are telling me this?"
I ask her confused cuz she doesn't know anything about how this life works, why would she try to give me advice. Know that's suspicious.

"Just saying, after all you are never going to see me again so what's the problem?"

I frown.
"No problem." This is the most strange conversation I have ever had in my life, something doesn't seem right about her I just don't know what.

I escort her towards the car and she hesitates to get in.

"So where are you going to drop me off?" She asks

"Your house, obviously."

"You don't know where I live."

"Of course I do. Don't be an idiot."

"I'm not an idiot."

"K."

"Seriously? K? Who says K?"
Damn. I guess she's mad now.

"We're almost there so would please shut your pretty mouth up. So I can drop you of and be done with you."
God she's getting on my nerves.
Ava doesn't say anything back she just stares out of my car window.

"Everything all right?" I ask her.

"Yeah. It just doesn't make any sense you know?" She still isn't looking at me.

"No I don't. What doesn't make sense?" Maybe I should take her to a hospital.

"You. This. I should be dead right now. Not going on car rides with you."
Ava turns her face towards mine and for a moment I forget I'm supposed to be looking at the road.

"We're not going on car rides. I'm just doing what I have to." I answer her

But she is right. I shouldn't be here with her. Even if she saved my life, I should have just had one of my men bring her to her house. I should have just killed her when I had the chance. Now this shit just got more complicated.

The sound of her voice distracts me from my thoughts.

"But you don't have to do this. On the contrary you should have just killed me. What kind of mafia leader are you?"

"Do you have a death wish? Do you want to die?"

"No.."

"Then stop talking. Besides how do you even know what I'm supposed to do?"

"I.. I watch a lot of movies." She avoids my eyes. She's lying. Maybe she knows more than she should.

"Yeah right. Anyway we're here."

"Thanks for the ride. 5 stars." She laughs

I wish I could reverse the car and leave her behind me forever but I can't.

Little did they know that fate had other plans for them...

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Don't kill me for leaving for so much time. Love you. Bye

It's a short chapter btw I know