Chapter 2

"What do you think?" Gabriel asks in his amusement. 'This girl is rather intriguing' 

Yvonne laughs heartily her eyes glinting in wonder, "I don't know but it seems rather thrilling."

Gabriel tilts back his head in the midst of laughter finding the girl in front of him more to his liking. "Would you like to see the others?" Gabriel feels strangely compelled towards Yvonne and has the want to show off all his experiments, it was a sweet thought in an oddly twisted way.

"I would love too!" She agrees her Russian accent rich in her voice as she spoke.

"George please accompany me and Ms. Yvonne for a tour as you push her cage." Gabriel orders.

Yvonne pouts. "Awe you're not letting me out?"

Gabriel leans downwards to Yvonne's eye level. "Not a chance sweetheart."

"Well I take what I can get."

"Then let's go, shall we?" Gabriel said with a slight laugh.

Gabriel led Yvonne from facility to facility with all kinds of experiments on display, Yvonne looked left and right in fascination, asking all kinds of questions as they pass by tube after tube. Gabriel answered all of them in detail and delight, it was the first time Gabriel ever talked about his experiments aside from his parents and brothers but they only ever cared about the results unlike Yvonne who was genuinely absorbed to the words he was saying as he explained everything to her. They toured for hours yet they only covered about 1/4 of the quarters all the time was consumed by talking and before they knew it, it was already 11 pm.

Gabriel looks at his watch, then realizing that it was already late in the night. He looked at Yvonne, she didn't seem tired at all it's more like she's full of energy too engrossed at experiment #439 to even notice Gabriel looking at her. "This is #439, it's about a month old, a splice with a combination of alligator, lion, bear and" He paused bit giving Yvonne suspense, her eyes filled with anticipation. "Human."

Yvonne's eyes widens sparkling with admiration at Gabriel. "Really? How ingenious of you. That's defying the laws of nature." She jests. She reached out to touch the glass tube passing through the gaps of her cage, caressing and gazing at it as if it was a priceless treasure.

Gabriel watched her actions, something in is heart ignited, something he had never felt before in his entire life. Something he didn't want to let go off. Gabriel grabs her hand and kisses the the back before saying. "It's time to sleep, we can tour again tomorrow." He looked at her reaction.

Yvonne stared at Gabriel, flustered by his actions, she touched the part where his lips connected with her skin. She did not expect that Gabriel would do such a thing because base on her assessment of his character he was not the kind to be affectionate at least that was she thought.

Her evaluation was right, he wasn't that kind of person but his action was subconscious and impulsive. He didn't think it through but he didn't regret it. Gabriel gave her a smile before leaving and ordering the butler to take Yvonne to the transfer her in a more luxurious room.