Chapter 29: Bruce's p.o.v.

Stark looked at me and rolled his eyes. I looked back down and saw it glowing. “Um, hey Stark?” “Hmm?” “What did Fury say to do if it did something?” “Look at Lorelei’s neck.” “What?” “No look.” She looked down and lo and behold something under her hoodie was dimly glowing. “Um, I’ll get Fury.” Stark ran out the door. “Now wouldn’t it be hilarious if that was a flashlight, sounds like something I’d have done in school.” I said casually. She said nothing, she just kept staring at the glow under her hood. I saw her grab at a small, thin, chain under the collar of her shirt and pulled the rest out. It was a small, blue, shard that looked like glass. I could see it reflecting in her eyes. I was a little creeped out. She just kept staring at it. “Are you okay?” I was running through a list of names in my head, that out be great to call considering Stark was taking, what felt like forever. I was silently praying they’d be back soon. “How old are you?” I asked. “Guess,” she replied, still looking at the necklace. “18.” “Close, 17. You?” “Guess.” “45.” “48.” She looked up at me for a second, then back at her necklace. She was a little off, but that could be entirely due being Loki’s sister. “What’s today’s date?” She asked, “I’d usually know but my phone got trashed by a Chitauri.” She said it as if she’s lost it by dropping. “August 16.” “Thank you.” Was all she said. “Does that mean anything?” “No, not much. I’ve just met Loki two days ago. That’s all.” I pulled up a stool and sat down at the bench. “What have you learned in school recently?” I assumed she was still in high school. “Nothing really.” “What grade are you in?” “I believe eleventh.” “You believe?” She just nodded. Director Fury walked in, I relaxed a little, very little.