Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I yawned as Sheriff Stilinski rushed into his office, making sure to close the door behind him, "All right. You heard a voice coming through the radio, and now you're convinced that it's the voice of..."

"Stiles," I told him.

"Your son," Scott further described

Sheriff looked in between my brother and I with a blank face before nodding, "Uh-huh. And maybe it's just a random signal cross?"

"And maybe he just so happened to go by Stiles and just so happened to know who we were," I was quick to retort. 

Scott pulled the keys from the Jeep out of his pocket, slamming them onto Stilinski's desk, "Peter gave us the keys to the Jeep and it started right up."

"Claudia's Jeep," I told Stilinski, "in case you were confused," I smirked.

"Oh, wait, wait, so, now I'm supposed to trust Peter Hale?" Stilinski was outraged.

"We want you to trust us, Sheriff," I pleaded, running a hand through my hair. "We heard Stiles on that radio, okay? I swear to God we did. Stiles is real; if you had heard it too-"

"Yeah, well, I didn't," he cut me off.

I tried to control my anger, "Yes, okay, but I'm saying if you had-"

"Enough, Katherine!" Stilinski finally yelled. "Enough," he told me, shoving the keys back towards Scott and I.

I scoffed, looking at my brother, "Told you it was a bad idea talking to him. When's the last time he tried to help us anyway?" I glared at Stilinski, grabbing my brother's forearm, "Nothing but a waste of time."

The two of us left the station, seeing Lydia and Malia waiting outside.

I let go of Scott, "What're you guys doing here?"

Lydia held up a map, pointing at the red circle away from Beacon Hills, "We're going to Canaan," she said.

Scott and I shared a look, my brother looking back to Lydia, "Did you finally get in touch with someone?"

"No," she replied.

I glanced at Malia, "You two know if anyone lives there, though, right?"

"No," Malia shook her head.

"The map looks old," I commented.

"Thirty years," Malia nodded.

I rubbed my face, "So, you're meaning to tell me, that we're road tripping to the middle of nowhere that might actually be nothing and we have no clue if anyone actually lives there?"