Second Chance - Chapter Three

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi again,

Thanks to all of you who have read and voted and thanks for the comment ; ) Here is my next chapter. Please keep on reading and let me know what you think!

Sweet as. SEE YA!

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

CHAPTER THREE

Morgan glanced back as tall, dark and gorgeous Riley made her way into the dorm. Smiling to herself, she recapped how her morning had improved immensely from the moment she had to wake up. Her room-mate had kept her up the previous night with what can only be described as wart hog mating calls, and despite that 'Snoring Sophie' was her best-friend since they had been playing dolls in the sand pit, it was going to force her to commit murder. Riley, however, can snore like a gorilla for all I care she let herself dream as she entered her own dorm.

"What's with the 'I just saw Brad Pitt sauntering in low rise jeans across the Quad' look?" Sophie asked staring at her from their bright green and well-loved couch.

Shrugging, Morgan replaced her features into a more appropriate state to their pending school year situation.

"I've seen that look before Morgs... It's not even the beginning of the semester. Please don't make me have to deal with this shit already."

"Puh-Lease. Firstly, I have no idea what you are talking about... And secondly, you would also be smiling if you just met who I have.'

Groaning, Sophie chucked the couch pillow across at her lifelong pal with the easy comradery that only existed with time. "Whatever. Just let me get some sleep. I already have piles of readings. I mean, what the hell. Are we expected to live, breath, eat and shit readings for the rest of our school careers?"

Shaking her head at her friend, Morgan carried the fluffy pillow over the couch and the now disgruntled human whinge machine.

"If you want to talk about sleep then I can talk about sleep. Have I mentioned that I woke up to the sounds of the savannah several times last night?! Don't even get me started on sleep. So it is only fair that you get to mill around and further your education if the room is somewhat occupied by myself and my friends" Morgan replied with her charming grin.

"Pffft. Just don't let yourself forget all about why you are here... You know... Classes need to be attended, hun. You better remember that your free ride will be yanked from underneath you so fast, you won't even be able to kiss my animal sounds goodbye."

Laughing, Morgan reached for the remote shrugging again. On the surface she didn't mind that Soph believed all she ever did was woo unsuspecting strangers and break their hearts. She knew that was the bravado that she had worked hard to establish. Everyone always expected her to have this no care attitude and run amok with no regard for her future or those of the people around her... But she did care. And although she never let anyone see that side of her, she sometimes wished someone wanted to dig deep enough to find it for themselves.

A couple of weeks later, Morgan couldn't believe how much work she had. How can they hand out so much already? Don't they know we have only just settled in? She muttered to herself. It's like you have to pass a test to become a professor, but instead of knowing information relative to the topic, you need to have a generic attitude that is intent on suppressing the social lives of students. Inhaling deeply, she continued on her path to the sports track. She relished in the chance to escape to practice every couple of days and exercise all of her frustrations away. It also helped that it was an appropriate avenue to perve on a bevy of beautiful women. Known for her attraction to women, Morgan had an easy-go-lucky nature that held her in high esteem to the remainder Lesbian populace. She was well liked amongst her peers and held in high regard. Although some girls took their trysts too seriously, she never went into a fling intending to hurt someone. And behind closed doors, she rarely slept with someone she didn't intend to stay with. Things just never seemed to turn out in her favour. And so, instead of rebutting popular belief, she accentuated the rumours and thought little of what other people wanted to believe. If someone loved her, they would find out the truth and not be bothered by inconsequential half truths. Waving to a couple of friends already dressed on the side, Morgan noticed that trials were being undertaken. Smiling at the atmosphere and intensity of those around her, she jogged the rest of the way to the rest of the girls, nodding to and hugging a few in acknowledgment.