love drought

it's been awhile since i've felt this way again. and by awhile i mean 5 minutes or (maybe) 10.

a common observation of mine is that i keep falling for the same person twice. i keep falling for the same brown eyes the same wild hair the same soft smile and mean tongue and sweet lies. i keep falling for boys like you and i don't know what to do.

love is nothing but chemical reactions in your brain they say love is a drug! they say love is a lie! and i agree with it all but when he tells me he loves me and holds my hand i forget everything.

when they say love is a drug, a lie,  a chemical reaction i agree but my mind lingers on the warmth of your touch, the shivers you've sent down my spine with just a laugh.

drought is one way to put it, because i've been feelin' kinda off lately and i don't know why. i think about the jokes you'd tell me and the secrets too, like how you wrote poetry for girls like me in middle school

he looks like you and acts like you and laughs at the same jokes that you do, but he's not you. maybe that's why.

"baby, i don't feel so swell."

you said that the last time we talked (only, i didn't know it'd be the last). and i get it now, i think. because i've felt the same way before, with boys who looked like you and talked like you and made me feel good like you. i was lying to myself thinking their love was sufficient. i've thrown these boys away like embarassing poetry, tossed them swiftly into the wastebasket without ever looking back and i realize i've been treating them the same way you did to me. they're all just mirages of what could've been and i've been searching for so long that salt and sugar are no different to me.

if you are love, and love is a drug,
then i am fucking hooked, baby.