Chapter Five: Stress Relief Fun

Sydney looked down at the basketball, bouncing it lightly on the court. Steve had suggested a game of basketball since it calmed his nerves and she didn't mind a game or two although she knew that he would definitely beat her ass.

"Have you tried to contact her through the phone or going to her house?" She asked with furrowed brows while trying to make a shot and sighed when it bounced off the rim.

Steve only shook his head taking the ball when it fell back to the floor and easily making the basket. He turned towards her, passing the ball towards her only shaking his head once more when she didn't make the shot again. "Your posture is all wrong."

Sydney looked down when he walked up behind her, her body tensing at his light touch on her arms. She tried to control the shaking although it was hard, memories flashing before her eyes of the same light and sweet touches her brother had given her growing up.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked with furrowed brows.

"Roses!" She squeaked.

"What?"

"Girls like roses...Nancy can't resist you if you show up at her house with a bouquet of red roses and a sincere apology."

He pulled away and snapped his fingers with a small grin. "Smart idea, Hargrove! How about we take a shower then go to the store and buy flowers?"

"We?" Sydney asked with a raised eyebrow.

"We," He repeated with a nod and patted her shoulder before he ran off to take a shower, not noticing the heartbroken expression upon the blonde haired girl's face.