Hostage

Chapter 1

I walked in the Thai restaurant for my first day of work, while entering I observed people huddled in the corner of the decent sized dinning room.

“Leave! Go! Run now!” a girl about 9 years old screamed at me.

Before I could even process what just happened the little girl was shot by a tall woman who looked like she was in her early 30’s. Right after she fired the gun and man about the same age walked up next to her.

“Perfect timing! Now go into that corner over there!” The man demanded me.

I slowly move to the corner. No one else is in the corner so I guess that is better than being crowded.

“Now, any volunteers? We are taking 2 people whether you agree with it or not…” The woman yells

 She walks over to younger children and without hesitating I sprung up out of the small corner and raised my hand.

“I volunteer! Don’t hurt any of those kids…”

The man grabbed me by my wrists and hand cuffed me then threw me on the ground while they called for another volunteer.  A man that was probably in his late 20’s got up and walked slowly up to the man so he could also get handcuffed. He had dark brown curly hair, glamorous hazel eyes, and was tall and he looked fit like he worked out in his free time. He was also wearing a black shirt with the letters T-o-b-u-s-c-u-s or the word Tobuscus on it however you say it. He wore the shirt with a black jacket and dark jeans. His shoes were heely’s just like mine. I don’t know this guy but he is perfect. Just perfect. And  just like me, he was handcuffed and thrown on the ground. Once he hit the ground he caught me staring at him. I felt embarrassed and quickly turned away. Even thought I couldn’t see myself I was 100% sure I was a bright red. Then the kidnappers interrupted my thoughts.

“Now that we have what we want, we will be leaving. If any of you say anything then we will find you. You can now carry on with your day.” The woman strictly said.

The man then grabbed the anonymous guy next to me while the woman grabbed me and headed for the door. Once we got outside they threw us in the back of a plain black van and locked the doors.

“You were very brave to do that…” the stranger says

“Not really, I already made someone die today.”

“It’s not your fault they shot the girl. And I am Toby by the way, Toby Turner.”

“My name is Pandora Kidd; I know it’s a weird name…”

“No it’s not, I like it”

“Thanks, so how are we going to get out of here?”

“Well, I don’t know you’re the brains.”

“We do know the guns are loaded so that is a big problem…”

Toby and I’s conversation was interrupted by the kidnappers swinging the doors open.

“Since you guys volunteered, I will take your handcuffs off.  You will be in here for a while so get comfy.” The woman says with a smirk

She then takes our handcuffs off and closes the doors once more then leaves to get into the passengers seat. I and Toby just sit there in complete silence. It is nice to not have the handcuffs on but this is not how I would like to spend my Monday afternoon. At least I have Toby to keep me company, but I know we are both going to die sometime while being kept hostage.  After I believe a 5 hour drive we come to a screeching stop. I look over and see a sleeping Toby. He looks uncomfortable and I don’t want his back hurting when he wakes up so I adjust his position so he is lying on my stomach. I know it’s weird but if he lay on my shoulder he could fall off and my lap would be awkward.  I then realized we were at a traffic light because we kept driving. Great more hours in a poorly lightened van.  Since there was nothing else to do I decided to watch Toby sleep. He mumbled sometimes but I have to admit he looked even more adorable while sleeping.  It was very uncomfortable lying on the hard bumpy floor of the van but as long as Toby had a soft surface to lay on I was fine. I don’t care if I just met Toby I always put other people before me unless they did something to make me upset, if that is the case I avoid them.  I was starting to drift off to sleep but Toby sprung up off of my stomach.