Chapter 2

Toby's P.O.V

I can't believe I said that! But what was I supposed to say?! I mean yeah I like her. I like her a lot. But I don't want her to know that! It would be really awkward to tell her my feelings and be rejected. It would be even more awkward because we are being held hostage! What did she mean by 'oh' though? Was it like a good 'oh' or was it a bad one? I didn't see her blushing so it probably was a bad 'oh' god dang it. I knew she didn't have feelings for me.  I might have a chance with her. A tiny chance with her but it is still a chance. So many thoughts are going through my mind. Should I start a conversation with her? Leave her alone? Clear my head? Tell her about my feelings? I just don’t know. Why is love so confusing? Wait, do I love her? Or do I just like her? How do you find out if you just like them or if you actually love them?  I am starting to believe I love her.  Everything about her is wonderful. Her contagious laugh, her glamorous smile, the way her bright green eyes lights up the room, the way her dark brown hair flows…

“Toby? Hello! Earth to Toby!!!” Pandora yelled

Oh crap! I was starring right at her!

“Oh uh um sorry um what?” I ask nervously

“Why were you staring at me?” She asked

“Sorry it’s a bad habit of mine, I tend to stare into space and sometimes I am looking directly at people without realizing it…” I lie. I wasn’t staring into space; I was looking at her on purpose

“Oh it’s fine, I do that all the time to!” She replies

“Haha I am glad I’m not the only one!” I say

There once again was a long silence. I just couldn’t take it anymore! I had to find out if she liked me or not. The suspense was killing me!

“Hey Pandora… c-can I uh ask you something?” I nervously say

“Yeah Toby, what’s up?” She asks

Oh god I can’t do this. I have to though.

“Um well Pandora… d-do y-you li-“ I was cut off by the gate door flung open. In the doorway stood the woman and man from earlier.

“I think you guys spend to much time with each other. Don’t you think?” The man yells

“Yeah, let’s see… grab the girl.” The woman replies

“NO! DON’T TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME!” I scream

“Aw does someone want their little ‘girlfriend ‘?” The woman purrs

“NO! I-I just don’t want to be lonely …” I reply I wish she was my girlfriend

“Sure kid.” The man says

I didn’t want them to take her. They took her anyways. I tried asking them to take me instead but they refused every time. Why do they want her? Why? Why are they even keeping us hostage? I probably will never find out. After I made sure they left I crawled into the corner and started to cry. I missed her already. Even when we didn’t talk very much I loved her presence.  I started feeling tired and I was overthinking so I drifted off to sleep. There is a loud sound. It sounds like someone is arguing. I open my eyes to make sure Pandora is alright. Then I remember they took her.  That’s when the lights went out.

“So you are awake.” The man shouts

A bright light is dangling from Pandora’s head. She is in another cage across from mine. She is tied up in a chair with duct tape around her mouth. I see that she has been crying. Is she hurt?! I swear if they laid a finger on her I will flip out. I don’t see any harm done to her. She is probably just scared. I would be too.