1. Best Friends

PRE-SQUIP: 

(Y/n) P.o.V:

"Hey! (Y/n)!", a voice yelled. I closed my locker, turned around and smiled into the face of my best friend Richard Goranski. He's taller than me but still a dwarf. "Lispy Boy!", I greeted him. He smiled and blushed. "Don't call me that. Is my lisp even that bad?", he asked with his lispy voice. I could see the fear and hurt in his eyes. "No no no.. I was just kidding. Your lisp is adorable and I love it!", I said, trying to convince him. 

He looked into my eyes and he slightly smiled.The fear in his eyes was gone.  Then he hugged me. I wrapped my arm around him and pulled him tighter. As always he smelled like vanilla softener and pot. I burried my face in his neck and inhaled his smell. I just loved it. 

We pulled apart and walked to our class. We both are freshmen and we had vacation. While he was in florida visiting his grandma I stayed in New Jersey. "How was your vacation?", I asked. He sighed. "I really thought it could be nice for once. At the beginning everything was fine but well as always my father drank, was an asshole and yeah.. you can imagine what happened."

He sadly stared on the ground. "Oh Rich. I am so so sorry... I-I..", I said. "Forget it. It's not your fault and you can't do anything against it. But thank you. ", he chuckled depressed. Before we walked into the class I asked, "Where?"

"Where what?", he said. I knew, that he knew what I ment. I gave him my best "you-know-what-I-mean" look and he sighed. He lifted his Shirt up a bit and exposed his hip. Bruises everywhere. As always... I looked into his eyes, he nodded and I lighlty ran my fingers over them. He winced a bit and I stopped. Then I took his hand and and looked on his knuckles. 

As always

As always. Bruised. I took his hands in mine and with my thumbs I carefully stroked over the bruises. He began to shiver and I could hear his gulp. "I told you.. you can move in with me. My parents .. I'm sure they would understand."

He slightly smiled. Redness on his cheeks and sadness in his eyes. "I'd love to. I really do. But my mum. I have to protect her. If it's not me. It will be her. And I can't let that happen." 

He stroked some hair behind my ear, which forced me to smile. I love it when he does that. Suddenly the bell rang. I realized that I was still holding his hands and I let go. We rushed into class and waited for our teacher Mrs. Sawyer.

She arrived and the lesson started with, "How was your winterbreak?"

Everybody told about their awsome vacation and then it was Rich' turn. "It was good.", was all he said. Some jerks from the last row snickered. "Lispy Boy? Had a fight again?", one of those dicks asked. They don't know anything about him. 

Rich didn't replie. He just starred at his book, trying to ignore the jerks. Some other guys in class continued telling about their Christmas and new years day. But the jocks continued making fun of Rich. "Did you fight against a squirrel and lost?", one guy asked. I think his name is Ram Sweeney. Charles Lee said, "The loser tried out at cheerleading and failed. Awee.. look who's going to cry!"

 I could see the tears in his eyes. Rich started to shiver... He always does when when he's nervous and stressed. I looked at him worriedly.

He turned to me and saw the anger in my face. Nobody teases my best friend. Warningly he shook his head. We both knew it mean : "(Y/n) don't do or say anything stupid!"

Too late!

I stood up, turned to the jocks and yelled, "What's your Problem? Rich didn't do anything to you!? You all are assholes!" I Pointed at everyone of them. Suddenly everyone was quiet. Our teacher said, "What Kind of behavior is that? After the lesson you're going to the principal."

Shit. I sat down and sighed. The jocks laughed and one of them said, "Richie boy Needs to be defented by a Girl!" I turned to Rich and he was red in his face. He gave me a "Thanks-for-nothing" look and sarcastically said, "Thanks."

The bell rang and he stood up as fast as it's possible and rushed out of class. "Rich!", I yelled and tried to reach him but our teacher stood infront of me. "Where do you think you're going, Young Lady? To the principals Office. Now."

Shit. After that I have to talk to Rich.