8 {The Show}

As soon as a spotlight shon on the stage and the incredibly talented Ben Platt is visible, everyone is silent and the opening monologue starts.

Ben plays the role of Evan so perfectly. It's hard to remember that he's just a character.

The show goes on. Musical number after musical number. I'm amazed. I knew the soundtrack was good but holy hell this is breath-taking. I'm really starting to ship Zoe and Evan. Even though their relationship is based on a lie it's still so beautiful.

Intermission rolls around and I'm able to wipe the tears from my face. I look over at Mum who's doing the same thing. I smile.

Georgia taps me on the shoulder and we start talking.

"So where are you from?" She asks.

"I only just moved to New York a week or so ago." I tell her. "You?"

"Born and raised." I laugh. "So what school do you go to?"

I look around. "I can't actually remember the name of it. But it's a performing arts school. I love the arts."

"Wow. I've always loved dance but I could never go to an actual school where they do classes on it. I'm only self taught." She laughs.

"Oh that's cool." I say enthusiastically. "I'm a pretty bad dancer. I really love stretching and learning cool tricks while I'm at home but I'm definitely not graceful enough to dance properly." I laugh.

Back at my old school, I was a pretty popular kid. I wouldn't have called the people I hung out with my friends but I was well known and everyone seemed to like me. It was great and all but I was missing the whole 'BFF' thing other kids happened to have.

"What sort of phone do you have?" I ask Georgia when I see her pull a sparkly purple cased phone out of her jeans pocket.

"iPhone 7," she smiles, handing it to me so I can see it better. "I was lucky enough to get it for my birthday this year."

I nod and smile back. "Cool. I have the 6s."

We end up taking loads of selfies before the second act starts. I can really see a future friendship for Georgia and I. She is so nice and charismatic. It's fun to be around someone who's just so out there and carefree.

By the end of the performance I'm emotionally drained. Never have I cried so much in 2 hours. The acting, the songs, the lighting, the everything was just so wonderfully put together that it made it hard to remember you were still sitting in a theatre with hundreds of other people experiencing the same feelings as you.

When the house lights come back on and row by row people are flooding the isles I ask Georgia if she wants to exchange phone numbers so we can text later on.

"Sure thing," she replies and we give each other our phones so we can make new contacts.

I give her a hug goodbye and say bye to her mother.

Lucky for Mum and I, our tickets actually included a VIP session with the cast after the show. Mum and I wait for most of the theatre to be empty before standing up and heading over to a security guard standing near the stage.

We didn't know where to go so the guard kindly lead us to where we needed to be.

Mum and I take a seat on two of the red chairs in the room. It's reasonably large, many posters and pictures of the cast and crew hang on the blue walls. It's quite a cozy area and it reminds me of the reading nook at my old school's library.

We wait a couple minutes before we hear chatter and I figure people are walking down the hallway to this room. Mum places her hand on my shoulder knowing I'm internally freaking the hell out.

I've imagined this moment so many times. I've dreamed of this moment. Finally, it's here.

A/N
I'm so sorry for the slow update, the New Year And Christmas had me a little busy. I tried to make up for it with a bigger chapter. Anyway, Mackenzie is finally going to meet the cast! Don't forget to comment your every thought and tell me what you think might happen next!