10 { The Worst }

Make sure to leave comments. Say everything you think while reading, it helps give me motivation to write more. :)

Mum and I chat as we head for the exit of the Musicbox Theatre.

"Can I have some ice cream?" I ask randomly. I just really feel like some cold creamy goodness. Preferably mint chocolate chip.

Mum nods, saying we'll find a shop around here somewhere that sells it and we continue our conversation. We're walking up the middle aisle of seats when I look back and see Will and Laura either snap chatting or instagramming each other. I wonder if I'll see it online when I get home.

I pull out my phone and start scrolling through the selfies of Georgia and I, and laugh to myself. That girl is really something. Out of the corner of my eye I see something red flash. I turn to see better and realise Mum is on the ground. Her eyes are wide and her mouth foaming.

Oh my god. She has rabies!

She starts shaking violently. What the hell is happening?!?!

Will and Laura must have heard the thud she made and looked up from their phones, jumped off the stage where they were sitting and ran over to us.

"Oh my god. Call 911," Will says looking horrified. He looks at me and I just stare back. I don't know what to say, I've never been in this sort of situation before.

I bend down and try to grab one of Mum's arms that she's swinging around. I remember reading something in Health class about seizures. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to not touch the person. I don't know. I let go of Mum's arm just in case and step back. Will is still frozen in the same place and Laura is frantically talking to the operator on the other side of the phone.

For a couple moments I shut my eyes and try to calm down. Mum is still going nuts on the floor and I don't know why. Nothing happened to make her just start to have a seizure.

We wait impatiently for the ambulance to arrive and by then Mum is just laying, dead-still. The paramedics turn her onto her side, bring stretchers out and roll her into the back of the ambulance. I don't move, mainly because I don't know where to go. I'm just going to wait for someone to tell me where I need to be.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up to see Laura sadly smiling at me.

"I'm sure she'll be alright. She's in good hands." She tries to reassure me. It's not really helping but I nod anyway. Amidst all the chaos she takes me back into the room where Mum and I met the cast. I sit on the same chair I did before and look at all the pictures on the walls.

I'm sure she's going to be okay. She's at the hospital now, they know what they're doing.