Part 1

Alec curled his hands into fists as his mom ranted off all the things wrong with him.
     "You're selfish, manipulative, you don't care about anyone but yourself," she listed off.
     Just ignore her, just ignore her. He thinks, trying to catch his breath. He didn't know why this bothered him so much, he should be used to it now. His mom has been doing it every single day since he kissed Magnus instead of getting married.
     He had hoped that she would've started accepting him by now, but instead she seemed to have gotten worse.
     He spent as much time at Magnus' as possible, whose whole existence made him feel like he was worth something to the world. His smooth voice, his calming touch, everything, just made him feel good. Even when they fought, which they did, Alec felt better with him than he did with anyone else.
      "Are you listening, you pathetic piece of shit?!" his mom said, grabbing his chin forcefully. 
     Alec tried to swallow his fear, he had always been scared of his mom. That was part of the reason he didn't come out until a month ago. But lately he's seen more and more of the things his mom could do to her, as her mild dislike for Alec turned into intense hate.
     "Yes," he said, angrily.
      His mom backhanded him across the face. Alec gaped his mouth open and tried desperately to keep tears from falling. Tears that were developing not so much because the slap hurt, but because of who delivered it. He always knew he wasn't his moms favorite, or someone he'd get along with, but he had always hoped she loved him deep down. But the slap had shattered the screen of false hope that he'd been imagining.
     "Look at me, you worthless bitch!" She said, grabbing his chin and forcing him to look at her.
    Tears were falling fast down Alec's face, dripping onto his mom's hand. "Look at you cry," she said, disgusted. "You really are a fag."
     She threw his head from her hand. "Get out of my face," she said, turning away from him.
    Alec shakily stood up and rushed to the bathroom. Shutting and locking the door behind him.
     He turned on the sink and tried to fight back sobs.
      You really are pathetic, he thought to himself. You pathetic piece of shit.
      He splashed water on his face.
      Magnus, he thought. I need Magnus.
      He stumbled out of the bathroom, and walked to the front door.
       "Alec," Jace said, standing up from the couch. "Alec, where are you going?"
      "Magnus," Alec mumbles.
      "Alec," Jace said slowly, walking over to him. "What's wrong?"
      Alec wanted to tell him, but something stopped him. What kind of person would he be if he told his best friend that the woman who raised him was treating him like shit.
      "Nothing," Alec says, looking at the floor. 
      "Don't lie, Alec," Jace said, crossing his arms. "You know that doesn't work with me."
     Alec swallowed hard, looking at his brother. "Nothing, Jace," he said bolting out the front door.