Part 4

Magnus woke up with Alec in his arms. He kissed the back of Alec's neck before carefully sliding his arm out from under him.
He pulled on a fresh pair of clothes and headed to the kitchen. He knew he could just make some breakfast appear, but for whatever reason he wanted to make it for Alec today.
He was in the middle of cracking some eggs when a loud knock on the door led him to the living room.
Magnus sighed and opened  the door to Jace standing there, looking very concerned.
"Hello Jace," Magnus said, turning around and heading back to the kitchen.
"Where's Alec?" Jace asked.
"Good morning to you too," Magnus said, resuming cracking eggs.
"Sorry," Jace said, rolling his eyes. "Good morning. Where's Alec?"
"He's sleeping," Magnus said, whisking the eggs.
"I'm not anymore," Alec said walking into the kitchen, shirt in hand, rubbing his eyes. "Jace," he said, surprised.
"Alec," Jace said, pulling his brother into his arms. "Are you okay? You had me scared out of my fucking mind."
"I'm," Alec said slowly, he wrapped his arms around Jace. "I'm sorry."
"It's okay," Jace said, pulling away and hooking a hand around Alec's neck. "You need to tell me what's going on though, Alec. I know somethings wrong, you know I can feel part of what you feel."
Alec slid his shirt over his head and glanced over at Magnus.
"Let's eat," Magnus said, scooping some eggs onto a plate and handing them to Alec and another plate to Jace.
      Magnus wrapped and arm around Alec's shoulders as they sat on the couch. Several minutes of awkward silence accompanied by the scraping of forks against plates followed.
    Finally Jace set down his plate. "Alec," Jace said. "Please, you need to talk to me."
     "I think that would be a good idea, Alexander," Magnus said, running his hand through Alec's hair.
     Alec looked up at Jace and opened his mouth. But just as he was about to say something to Jace, Magnus's door burst open and Mrs. Lightwood stormed in.
    Magnus stood up immediately stepping in front of Alec.
     "Magnus," Mrs. Lightwood said. "May ask you to move away from my son."
    "No," Magnus said, eyes flashing. "You may not."
      Jace looked up at his mother. "Did you follow me?" he asked, anger lining his voice.
     "Yes," Mrs. Lightwood said. "I wanted know exactly where my son was." She looked disapprovingly at Alec.
    Alec let out a small whimper, which got Jace's attention. Jace studied his friend for a second, noticing how much paler he'd gotten, how scared he looked. Scared of his mom.
    "Alec," Jace said slowly. He moved to sit next to Alec. "Are you okay?"
     "He's fine," Mrs. Lightwood said, pushing Magnus rather violently. She grabbed Alec's forearm, pulling him to his feet. "We're leaving."
      "No!" Magnus said, getting to his feet. "You are not leaving with him."
      Mrs. Lightwood dug her fingernails into Alec's wrist, making the boy flinch.
    "Magnus," Alec said quietly. "It's fine. It's easier."
     "No," Magnus insisted. "Alec."
     "Magnus," Alec whispered. "It's better."
     And with that Mrs. Lightwood dragged her two sons out of the apartment.